• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tailor recommendations

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tailor recommendations

Does anyone have any recommendations for tailors who do bespoke shirts? Ideally in London, or one who travels?

I saw an advert recently (in the Telegraph) for a company based in HK who travel over to measure up & then knock up the shirts\suits back home. Can't remember the name though . . .

Having done a quick search on this board, there'll probably be a few suggestions for sub-continent based tailor's who'll do them for a fiver. Not really what I'm after; got to keep the "fashion victim" tag alive!!!

Thats better, back to the old skool CUK aloof type posts
    Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

A couple of guys used ti use a place in Bow Lane, sorry don't know the name or if they still exist. THey were on the left hand side when heading south.
      Your parents ruin the first half of your life and your kids ruin the second half

Comment

Having been to Hong Kong I can tell you that bespoke tailoring out there is so cheap that if you just buy a couple of suits it's cost effective to just fly over there to buy them. You get a nice little holiday included as well...
        Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Roughly this time last year I was in Beijing. Had a cashmere overcoat, 3 cotton shirts and some silk curtains for home all tailor-made within 24 hours!! At a terrific price too!!

The overcoat cost me £50.

Comment

Originally posted by Goya
            Does anyone have any recommendations for tailors who do bespoke shirts? Ideally in London, or one who travels?

I saw an advert recently (in the Telegraph) for a company based in HK who travel over to measure up & then knock up the shirts\suits back home. Can't remember the name though . . .

Having done a quick search on this board, there'll probably be a few suggestions for sub-continent based tailor's who'll do them for a fiver. Not really what I'm after; got to keep the "fashion victim" tag alive!!!
            www.mangas.co.uk - 2 shops in the City

Made to measure rather than bespoke shirts, no minimum order unlike say Turnbull and Asser. Good quality and range from about £69-£100. Steer clear of the suits though.

Comment

What about that geezer that travels around meeting clients in 5 star hotels (best you avoid the one in Mayfare perhaps? ) who measures you up and then gets the suits made in [insert country that uses 12yo kids here].

Apparently top class suits for as little as £200???

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by Mailman
                What about that geezer that travels around meeting clients in 5 star hotels (best you avoid the one in Mayfare perhaps? ) who measures you up and then gets the suits made in [insert country that uses 12yo kids here].
                Mailman
                Sounds like the fellow I'm looking for

Thanks for the other suggestions, I'll take a look.

Comment

Originally posted by MrsGoof
                  A couple of guys used ti use a place in Bow Lane, sorry don't know the name or if they still exist. THey were on the left hand side when heading south.
                  You mean the location of the shop or the the side they dress?

Comment

Jermyn Street, London

http://www.thomaspink.co.uk/uk/mens/

Got my wedding stuff from there.
                    If you think my attitude stinks, you should smell my fingers.

Comment

Working...
                    X