• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Graduates 'regret degree choice'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Graduates 'regret degree choice'

A third of graduates believe they studied the wrong course at university, a survey from the Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development suggests.
    Most of these said, with hindsight, they would have taken a more scientific or technical course, a business-based or a professional qualification.

The poll found that men who graduated in 2005 started on salaries which were, on average, 14% higher than women.

The CIPD survey questioned 876 former students who graduated in 2000 or 2005.
    I expect all those years spent taking meedja studies and then discovering only Tesco's is offering jobs is wonderful for focussing the mind
    How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

You'd think they'd realise they were on the wrong course after a few lectures. They want to be an accountant and all they talk about is civil engineering.

Comment

I wish I'd done another degree.

Then again I probably wish I'd have done that if I'd taken the other degree. Grass greener on the other side and all.

I think its mostly do to it beign rammed down your throat 24/7 you learn to hate it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
        I wish I'd done another degree.

Then again I probably wish I'd have done that if I'd taken the other degree. Grass greener on the other side and all.

I think its mostly do to it beign rammed down your throat 24/7 you learn to hate it.
        You should have taken a degree in English
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
          My god, what degree did you do?

Comment

Originally posted by PerlOfWisdom
            My god, what degree did you do?
            Geese stuffing 101
            Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
              Geese stuffing 101
              "Paté for Plebs"?

Comment

Working...
              X