• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Training courses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Training courses

Hello,

After a career break I'm looking to get back into IT. I worked as a Project Manager for almost 10 years in the IT industry but I would like to go into support and hopefully network support as my career advances.

Can anyone recommend a good training course/qualification which will make my CV stand out. I don't know whether to go down the CompTIA, or Microsoft route. Any advice would be warmly welcomed.

Thanks

Welcome to the forum I have moved your thread to the appropriate forum, hopefully you will get some better responses in here. I will send you a message about maybe changing your username too.

Comment

Originally posted by matthewgordon View Post
      Hello,

After a career break I'm looking to get back into IT. I worked as a Project Manager for almost 10 years in the IT industry but I would like to go into support and hopefully network support as my career advances.

Can anyone recommend a good training course/qualification which will make my CV stand out. I don't know whether to go down the CompTIA, or Microsoft route. Any advice would be warmly welcomed.

Thanks
      Are you talking about permie career or contracting? I wouldn't have normally said a move in to support from a PM is a career advancement.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
        Are you talking about permie career or contracting? I wouldn't have normally said a move in to support from a PM is a career advancement.
        Unless the OP is a really awful PM then you're right. It's not advancing at all. Probably around 1/4 of the day rate.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by matthewgordon View Post
          Hello,

Depends on what you want to support. If desktop then MS route.
          CompTIA is valueless.
          If you're technical and academic then Cisco CCNA is achievable in a fairly short amount of time and more likely to help change career path totally.
          Not sure that any of it will help you contracting though. You'd be better off selling 10+ years as an IT PM as that's worth more.
          See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Thanks for helping out everyone

Comment

Working...
            X