• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Tenners, Twenties and Fifties. Which is best?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tenners, Twenties and Fifties. Which is best?

On the tail of the tailor question.For lighting an expensive Cuban Cigar.

I find that fifties tend to linger a little too long, the cheap paper of tenners too quick, but twenties seem to be just about right.

I never have any twenties though as I only ever carry fifties but the bar staff normally have some change.

I did try my black amex card but it just made a mess.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    On the tail of the tailor question.For lighting an expensive Cuban Cigar.

I find that fifties tend to linger a little too long, the cheap paper of tenners too quick, but twenties seem to be just about right.

I never have any twenties though as I only ever carry fifties but the bar staff normally have some change.

I did try my black amex card but it just made a mess.
    You are Dim Prawn and I claim my lowly £5!!!
    I remember the good old days of this site when people used to moan about serious contractor related issues like house prices and immigration. How times have changed!?

Comment

You have to light your own cigars? ...tsk
      Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Surely there is a use for all those lower social orders to self-immolate in order to light ones cigar....
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

£50s for me, since hardly anyone will accept them as legal tender.

Comment

500 euros...those poor British contractors and their 50£ notes...

Threaded
            The rest is silence...

Comment

It is well known among the cognoscenti that $100 dollar bills are specially designed to be used for lighting cigars. It is also well known that one must maintain a harem of Cuban virgins to roll the cigars personally on their luscious thighs.

HTH
              Hard Brexit now!
              #prayfornodeal

Comment

Not being a smoker myself I can’t recommend which note, but I CAN recommend a visit to Cuba. There is a factory behind the Capitol building that does tours. For a few bucks or euros the locals will give you as much of the local wonger as you like to light your cigar.

Recommend you get their before Castro dies as once he has gone it’s going to get a bit silly for a couple of years. Cuba is a fascinating place, but not for the shopping!
                Drivel is my speciality

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  You have to light your own cigars? ...tsk
                  You have to smoke your own cigars? ...tsk

Comment

Working...
                  X