• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Halifax Mortgage Asking for my Name on Contract?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Halifax Mortgage Asking for my Name on Contract?

Hi All,
    I'm in the middle of a mortgage application for my new house and Halifax have come back with a query about the Contract. They are asking that I contact my recruiter and instead of stating my Companies Name within the Contract that it states my Full Name.
    Surely the contract is to my LTD company and not to myself so seems a strange request that it would be in my name (I thought this would make me personally liable)?

I've contacted me recruiter to see if this is possible, but with only a month left on my contract, I'm not sure how willing this are going to be about wasting time on this.

Is this normal practice? I'm using SuperContractor as the Mortgage Broker

Originally posted by ctm View Post
    Hi All,
    I'm in the middle of a mortgage application for my new house and Halifax have come back with a query about the Contract. They are asking that I contact my recruiter and instead of stating my Companies Name within the Contract that it states my Full Name.
    Surely the contract is to my LTD company and not to myself so seems a strange request that it would be in my name (I thought this would make me personally liable)?

I've contacted me recruiter to see if this is possible, but with only a month left on my contract, I'm not sure how willing this are going to be about wasting time on this.

Is this normal practice? I'm using SuperContractor as the Mortgage Broker
    Is your name nowhere in the contract - eg as a consultant?

Comment

The contract is between your limited and the agent yes. It should not be between you personally and the agent. There is nothing wrong with having a comment that the initial consultant supplied is xxxxxxx. Only courtesy to say who's going to be turning up on site after all. As you have a sub clause it doesn't mean that the whole contract is only for you. That should satisfy the Halifax without affecting your IR35 status.

That said I can't remember having that in my contract when I applied via Halifax though.
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

ask for a manager's opinion. Or provide proof that the company is yours.

I have a new mortgage with YBS and they didn't ask for anything like this, but I do have a very low LTV.
        See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Thanks for the replies.

Just checking through my old contracts (I'm now on my third extension). The first contract does state my name on the contract, then none of my extensions mention this, I suspect that's where my recruiter changed parent company and probably used a different contract template. I've pointed this out to the brokers now who are asking Halifax.

My LTV is around 50%, seems I've just landed on someone being an arse.
          Thanks
          Chris

Comment

If it's a PDF, just edit it and send it over

Comment

Originally posted by ctm View Post

My LTV is around 50%, seems I've just landed on someone being an arse.
              Yep. Seems so. With that sort of LTV. It's one reason I don't use brokers (not unless I have to and that was only once).
              See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                If it's a PDF, just edit it and send it over
                Was about to suggest the same...

Comment

Working...
                X