• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Starbucks Card

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Starbucks Card

I'm wondering why I need one, but for some reason I want one . . .

Decisions, decisions . . .
    Yes
    18.18%
    No
    81.82%

Originally posted by Goya
    I'm wondering why I need one, but for some reason I want one . . .

Decisions, decisions . . .
    What's their APR?
    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Originally posted by To BI or not to BI?
      What's their APR?
      0% (it ain't a CC). Bit disappointed that you don't get a discount though.

Comment

I AM ANDYW.

HTH
        Hard Brexit now!
        #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru
          I AM ANDYW.

HTH
          Didn't he get banned?

Comment

Originally posted by Goya
            0% (it ain't a CC). Bit disappointed that you don't get a discount though.
            I know, I know, just being facetious
            Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Hang on, if you don't get a discount then why have the card? You are helping Starbucks by reducing the amount of cash they handle - presumably you can load it up with cash via switch etc. So where is the incentive to prepay a load of full priced drinks?
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                Hang on, if you don't get a discount then why have the card? You are helping Starbucks by reducing the amount of cash they handle - presumably you can load it up with cash via switch etc. So where is the incentive to prepay a load of full priced drinks?
                It's the only plastic he's allowed to have.

hth.

Comment

Waste of money

http://www.fool.com/news/foth/2002/foth020415.htm
                  Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Originally posted by TonyEnglish
                    Exactly, no incentive at all. Actually after reading the fool article there are drawbacks. So why did I keep thinking about wanting one?! Anyhow, over it now & will just use my shiny, £0 balance Starbucks card as a bookmark.

Comment

Working...
                    X