• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Easyjet have the last laugh

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Easyjet have the last laugh

Both headlines next to each other, lovely. Can't wait for Ryanair to go bust, truly awful airline. Easy jet not that much better mind you, every time you land in the UK it seems to involve a bus to the gate and lots of standing about in the wind and rain.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Just got a full refund on return leg of Portugal holiday. Sleazyjet. Awful experience.

Comment

Pooper, I thought you were using private jets by now?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
        Hot air balloon.

Comment

In the past year, I've used Easyjet 4 times. First time baggage handler strike at Venice, so the flight was cancelled. I got train tickets, which were fully refunded, including hotels and meals. Second time, stormy weather across Europe caused rerouting and our evening flight was cancelled. I flew Swiss the next day to Zürich and caught the train home. Total cost £3500. We were fully refunded.Third time was similar to the second. Got the train from Berlin the next day, total cost £1000. Fully refunded, included meals and hotel.

It's quite clear that compensation isn't due if the cancellation is due to weather or strikes. Some people feel they should get compensation because Swiss, or BA flew that route. It's a grey area whether knock-on effects of bad weather are also exempt.

Personally, I've no complaints. Little tip though - don't get the last flight of the day when flying Easyjet.
          Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
            This time next year Rodders....

Comment

Originally posted by greenlake View Post
              This time next year Rodders....
              May well be, BTC just did something it has not done for 10 months. Bounced off the 21 day moving average.

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Easyjet and Ryanair are low cost airlines, so you should expect to have more problems with them than with the traditional carriers.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                  Easyjet and Ryanair are low cost airlines, so you should expect to have more problems with them than with the traditional carriers.
                  Correct. £1 for a pint of lager, £9 to rent the glass it's served in.
                  The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Refuse to use Ryanair.

Often use Easyjet - never had a problem with them.

Last cheap airline I used was Vueling -return flight delayed by 90 mins which is not the end of the world.

Comment

Working...
                    X