• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Eamonn Holmes is now the target

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Eamonn Holmes is now the target

Eamonn Holmes reveals tax probe that could cost him millions he says: they are coming to get me | Daily Mail Online

"The 58-year-old revealed he has been waiting 17 weeks to hear the result of the ruling in his case. 'It has cost me a lot of money to fight it and trust me, in that court room there were a lot of them against me.'"

is there a more reliable source than the Mail?
    I'd be interested to know what exactly HMRC are saying that makes them think that Eamonn is inside IR35.
    If it is actually a test case, and not journalistic hyperbole, that would be useful information.

As for Ant or Dec..... Do HMRC even know which one is which, as I've got no bloody idea.
    See You Next Tuesday

Comment

Originally posted by PTP View Post
      Eamonn Holmes reveals tax probe that could cost him millions he says: they are coming to get me | Daily Mail Online

"The 58-year-old revealed he has been waiting 17 weeks to hear the result of the ruling in his case. 'It has cost me a lot of money to fight it and trust me, in that court room there were a lot of them against me.'"

Haha

They did a deal with the actors etc and said they wouldn't pursue them if they backed screwing the little man, HMRC then attacked the little Guy & won. Now the glitterati are in the sights. I feel so sorry for them
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Who's eamonn holmes??

Comment

There should be zero difference in taxation between contractors/workers/permies

Minimum hourly wage for the first two categories should be higher due to lower job security

Everything else market will decide

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
            Who's eamonn holmes??
            Bertie Barratt's brother?
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
              Who's eamonn holmes??
              Fat Welshie on Brekkie TV.
              I was an IPSE Consultative Council Member, until the BoD abolished it. I am not an IPSE Member, since they have no longer have any relevance to me, as an IT Contractor. Read my lips...I recommend QDOS for ALL your Insurance requirements (Contact me for a referral code).

Comment

Originally posted by Scruff View Post
                Fat Welshie on Brekkie TV.
                He's Irish...

And he's wrong. Nobody disputes he's a freelance. HMRC are only interested in his relationship with the BBC. that is almost certainly caught by IR35, as he should well realise.

Incidentally the only concession HMG have made with Equity members is that they can pay their agents for finding work. There has never been an exemption for IR35.
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Originally posted by malvolio View Post
                  He's Irish...

And he's wrong. Nobody disputes he's a freelance. HMRC are only interested in his relationship with the BBC. that is almost certainly caught by IR35, as he should well realise.

Incidentally the only concession HMG have made with Equity members is that they can pay their agents for finding work. There has never been an exemption for IR35.

Possibly publicly there was no agreement, but the facts seem to follow my suggestion.

Comment

To Paddy your wild accusations in negative rep are as credible as most of your posts.

I do pay my taxes.

The problem is that HMRC don't assess taxes properly and the law is sadly lacking. Its a subjective decision whether you are subject to IR35 that is why they have to take you to court and still frequently lose.

Comment

Working...
                    X