• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

EU being hammered by debt ravaged member country

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EU being hammered by debt ravaged member country

No, not us silly.

Italy is pushing Europe to the brink of another economic crisis – but its problems are nothing new

Unlike the UK, Italy is not going to leave the EU – but it might be better if it did. Increasingly awkward and unhappy in the club, Italy’s populists seem more inclined to ally themselves with Trump’s America and Putin’s Russia than the EU of Macron and Merkel. Italy is like a troublesome old relative in the corner, chucking abuse at the rest of the family and unwilling to face up to their own shortcomings. There will be more rows.
    Oh Dear™

Yeah, people there are really looking forward to going back to Italian Lira - then everybody there will become a millionaire

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
      Yeah, people there are really looking forward to going back to Italian Lira - then everybody there will become a millionaire

I suppose its better than losing 20% + when you move to the Euro...
      Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

The EU problems in a nutshell. First Greece, now Italy, Spain not far behind. The work/life balance ethic difference between the northern European states and the Mediterranean States is vastly different. The Med states seem to live today and worry about tomorrow next week, the 'Man Jana' attitude. The Northern EU states will always have to financially prop up the Med. EU States.

Comment

Originally posted by Yorkie62 View Post
          The EU problems in a nutshell. First Greece, now Italy, Spain not far behind. The work/life balance ethic difference between the northern European states and the Mediterranean States is vastly different. The Med states seem to live today and worry about tomorrow next week, the 'Man Jana' attitude. The Northern EU states will always have to financially prop up the Med. EU States.

I think you meant 'mañana'
          Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
              It just looked too much like "mangina", something had to be done, it was spoiling my morning!
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

It just looked too much like "mangina", something had to be done, it was spoiling my morning!
                I completely agree!

Comment

I blame the spell checker.....and of course the EU.
                  Last edited by Yorkie62; 9 October 2018, 06:54.

Comment

This is what will happen. Italy will at some point down the line sell state assets to pay off the debt. Mark my words. Just as Greece has being doing. This is something the Tories have been doing for years without so much as a raised eyebrow from the public. The UK has sold off railway lines, NHS trusts, you name if the Tories could flog their granny they would. However this is something that's never occurred in Italy or Greece.

2nd point.... look at how much Gold Italy has. It would make the UK blush. And watch the price of that gold when the stock markets go. Italy is about to be delivered a silver (gold?) bullet and they've no idea.
                    "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Working...
                    X