• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Wages in portugal

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Wages in portugal

Hi - long shot this but...
    Does anyone have an idea of the salary a Technical Writer based in Portugal (Lisbon) could demand?
    Would be in the Telecom industry - systems management software
    Been asked for my 'expectations' - i sorta figure that it would not be anywhere a UK salary
    So, anyone know?
    Cheers
    David

I think you are looking at around 20 figs per day. Depends on the agency commission. Because of the rough terrain many clients will actually provide donkey transport. This is a big IR35 no, no.

It's often better and more tax efficient to train up 12 local chickens and have them pull a small scooter to your clients workplace. Added benefit, you can eat the chicken.

You may be asked to pay into a kitty each month, to help purchase a local prostitute for a monthly knees up. Try to get a receipt with your company name on this, it will help when claiming expenses back off HMRC.

Good luck with your contracting and feel free to ask more questions in General, we are here to help.

Comment

c'mon man - how do you expect to ask for a nice wage if you can't even use google?

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries...yRedirect=true

Portugal | 2017/18 Average Salary Survey
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        c'mon man - how do you expect to ask for a nice wage if you can't even use google?

https://www.glassdoor.co.uk/Salaries...yRedirect=true

Portugal | 2017/18 Average Salary Survey
        Look, that kind of attitude does not help new posters. Try and be nice to the new people.

Comment

Originally posted by woohoo View Post
          Look, that kind of attitude does not help new posters. Try and be nice to the new people.

OK here we go!

The sign of the cross or Spartacus?

Blackpool or OXO?

Sheets or Curtain?

Key or proper tool?
          Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Originally posted by vetran View Post
            OK here we go!

The sign of the cross or Spartacus?

Blackpool or OXO?

Sheets or Curtain?

Key or proper tool?
            I think he's a proper tool.
            Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Ask Assguru, he knows all about portugal <and everything else, in his opinion>

oh, wait, - not for such a lofty position, sorry

Comment

I wager six sardines on the newcomer.
                ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by drc View Post
                  Hi - long shot this but...
                  Does anyone have an idea of the salary a Technical Writer based in Portugal (Lisbon) could demand?
                  Somewhat more than sasguru's best ever day rate, and somewhat less than the price of a salted cod.

Comment

well yes i have used Google to check - that isn't difficult - i just wanted some feedback from real people - seems i was over optimistic in that thought... never mind eh.
                    Thanks for your help

Comment

Working...
                    X