• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Threat to British Culture

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Threat to British Culture

There is likely to be an outright Cod fishing ban soon.

Whatever will we have with our chips?

vinegar
    Me, me, me...

Comment

Haddock. Nicer than cod in my opinion.

Although no doubt that's endangered too.
      I'm Spartacus.

Comment

British what???
        Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

Slug. There is no shortage of slugs and slug and chips is really nice.
          bloggoth

If everything isn't black and white, I say, 'Why the hell not?'
          John Wayne (My guru, not to be confused with my beloved prophet Jeremy Clarkson)

Comment

I've switched to haddock as well. Most of the local chip shops dont seem to sell large cod anymore, which is somewhat concerning, and I'm in Pompey!!

Comment

Bad fish related joke I just happened to come across...

Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were Swimming around in the sea - one called Justin and the other called Christian.
              The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks that inhabited the area. Finally one day Justin said to Christian, "I'm fed up with being a prawn, I wish I was a shark, then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten." A large mysterious cod appeared and said, "Your wish is granted" and lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark. Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate.
              Time passed (as it invariably does) and Justin found life as a Shark boring and lonely. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realise that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.
              While swimming alone one day he saw the mysterious cod again and he Thought perhaps the mysterious fish could change him back into a prawn.
              He approached the cod and begged to be changed back, and, lo and behold, He found himself turned back into a prawn.
              With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his Friends and bought them all a cocktail. (The punch line does not involve a Prawn cocktail - it's much worse).
              Looking around the gathering at the reef he realised he couldn't see his old pal.
              "Where's Christian?" he asked.
              "He's at home, still distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy & became a shark", came the reply.
              Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture, he set off to Christian's abode. As he opened the coral gate memories came flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend, come out and see me again."
              Christian replied, "No way man, you'll eat me. You're now a shark, The enemy, and I'll not be tricked into being your dinner."

Justin cried back "No, I'm not. That was the old me. I've changed.".........

.... "I've found Cod. I'm a Prawn again Christian
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

tasteless fish anyways. The wife always says to me when Im eyeing up a feed of fish and chips that "you know you will be disappointed".

Mailman

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi

Marvellous...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                    Bad fish related joke I just happened to come across...

Far away in the tropical waters of the Caribbean, two prawns were Swimming around in the sea - one called Justin and the other called Christian.
                    The prawns were constantly being harassed and threatened by sharks that inhabited the area. Finally one day Justin said to Christian, "I'm fed up with being a prawn, I wish I was a shark, then I wouldn't have any worries about being eaten." A large mysterious cod appeared and said, "Your wish is granted" and lo and behold, Justin turned into a shark. Horrified, Christian immediately swam away, afraid of being eaten by his old mate.
                    Time passed (as it invariably does) and Justin found life as a Shark boring and lonely. All his old mates simply swam away whenever he came close to them. Justin didn't realise that his new menacing appearance was the cause of his sad plight.
                    While swimming alone one day he saw the mysterious cod again and he Thought perhaps the mysterious fish could change him back into a prawn.
                    He approached the cod and begged to be changed back, and, lo and behold, He found himself turned back into a prawn.
                    With tears of joy in his tiny little eyes Justin swam back to his Friends and bought them all a cocktail. (The punch line does not involve a Prawn cocktail - it's much worse).
                    Looking around the gathering at the reef he realised he couldn't see his old pal.
                    "Where's Christian?" he asked.
                    "He's at home, still distraught that his best friend changed sides to the enemy & became a shark", came the reply.
                    Eager to put things right again and end the mutual pain and torture, he set off to Christian's abode. As he opened the coral gate memories came flooding back. He banged on the door and shouted, "It's me, Justin, your old friend, come out and see me again."
                    Christian replied, "No way man, you'll eat me. You're now a shark, The enemy, and I'll not be tricked into being your dinner."

Justin cried back "No, I'm not. That was the old me. I've changed.".........

Amen to that!

Comment

Working...
                    X