• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Name and praise

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Name and praise

Timothy James Consulting

Excellent service from a contractor point of view

Payments always on time
    Phone calls if they don't get time sheets and need them to pay me
    No quibbles when i changed from a brolly to my own ltd
    No arguments when i gave them my own contract for them to sign (was returned signed the next day!) instead of using theirs
    No trying to get me to drop my day rate

All in all, a very friendly and helpful agency who are more than willing to make sure i get whats due to me on time!

I think a few other agencies could learn a lot from them
    Coffee's for closers

Forman IT and Alexa are good. Never had any probs with either of them.

Consult RS is probably the worst agency I've ever been with. Absolutely disgraceful

Comment

PSD group has been fantastic. Prompt payments and fixed commisions.
      highly recommended.

Comment

Got a gig with Lorien a couple of years back and they came back with a rate that was £40 pd OVER what I'd said my rate was
        "Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny. "

Thomas Jefferson

Comment

Badenoch & Clark

Badenoch & Clark have been fantastic. I have been with Parity, Elan, Abraxas, etc, but B&C have been head and shoulders above. Always provide a personal service and meet up every month for lunch&drinks.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
            Timothy James Consulting

Excellent service from a contractor point of view

Payments always on time
            Phone calls if they don't get time sheets and need them to pay me
            No quibbles when i changed from a brolly to my own ltd
            No arguments when i gave them my own contract for them to sign (was returned signed the next day!) instead of using theirs
            No trying to get me to drop my day rate

All in all, a very friendly and helpful agency who are more than willing to make sure i get whats due to me on time!

I think a few other agencies could learn a lot from them
            Ban em
            Let us not forget EU open doors immigration benefits IT contractors more than anyone

Comment

Best agency I have been with is 'Modis' prompt, polite, efficient and up front about their cut (rightly or wrongly I have seen the invoice).

Worst: Synergize... fecking usless liar's they had about 30 engineers all doing the same job on different rates and hush hush 'bonus/milage' rates... never again.
              Science isn't about why, it's about why not. You ask: why is so much of our science dangerous? I say: why not marry safe science if you love it so much. In fact, why not invent a special safety door that won't hit you in the butt on the way out, because you are fired. - Cave Johnson

Comment

My favourite general agency is Hays.

There are a few rogues out there who I found were full of incompetent bulltulip, but I never used them in the end so they don't count.
                Last edited by wendigo100; 19 December 2006, 16:56.

Comment

Originally posted by gingerjedi
                  Best agency I have been with is 'Modis' prompt, polite, efficient and up front about their cut (rightly or wrongly I have seen the invoice).
                  Although I've never contracted through Modis myself I've heard good things and found them to be one of the least BS whenever I've spoken to them
                  The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Has to be computer people, computer futures and progressive for me. You can't beat them for their service - which is a shame!
                    Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

Working...
                    X