• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Non Payment

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Non Payment

Been IT contracting for 3 months now. At the moment i am struggling to get the agency to pay up. Almost 1.5 months in, i was told that my agency is not registered to work with the client and therefore had to go through another intermediary agency who is already signed up.
    The client is therefore not willing to approve the timesheets.
    The client has informed me that there is some issue with both agencies trying to reach an agreement into the terms causing the delay.
    I am told my timesheets will be approved through the intermediary agency portal.
    Contract is Opted-Out.
    Is there anything i need to watch out for? Can i claim late payment on the invoices?

Plenty of threads on late payment in the search below. I'm sure most will go through the late payment act and will have the standard advice for getting paid.
    late payment site:forums.contractoruk.com - Google Search
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by JD88 View Post
      Been IT contracting for 3 months now. At the moment i am struggling to get the agency to pay up. Almost 1.5 months in, i was told that my agency is not registered to work with the client and therefore had to go through another intermediary agency who is already signed up.
      The client is therefore not willing to approve the timesheets.
      The client has informed me that there is some issue with both agencies trying to reach an agreement into the terms causing the delay.
      I am told my timesheets will be approved through the intermediary agency portal.
      Contract is Opted-Out.
      Is there anything i need to watch out for? Can i claim late payment on the invoices?
      Sounds like an issue that should have been identified at the beginning of the contract by the client.
      If your contract is with agency x that doesnt work with the client this is a problem - that needs to be sorted by the agencies/client asap. I dont think a few quid on late payments will solve this.

Comment

Messed up situation

Yea, you are right.
        The bigger issue is that my agency has asked me to submit timesheets & invoices on the intermediary agencies portal once they sign me up.
        I am assuming further delays as new invoice will be paid based on their terms..
        Does this invalidate the contract when they ask me to do this? Should i go with it..

Comment

Originally posted by JD88 View Post
          Yea, you are right.
          The bigger issue is that my agency has asked me to submit timesheets & invoices on the intermediary agencies portal once they sign me up.
          I am assuming further delays as new invoice will be paid based on their terms..
          Does this invalidate the contract when they ask me to do this? Should i go with it..
          From my understanding on what you have said - I assume that the other contract is void as the agency cant pay you as they dont deal with the end client. And so this is a new contract completely. So yes this will create further delay as they 'onboard' you again but try and get the reassurance that all the backdated timesheets will be settled by the new agency. They get their mark up so am sure will be happy to do so.

Comment

Working...
          X