• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Not reading the FAQ'n'Manual

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Not reading the FAQ'n'Manual

WHEN, for the millionth time in a week, someone new arrives with the same old questions as have been answered in the First Timers Guide and the growing mass of sticky threads, as well as in all the earlier threads started by people who couldn't find these things and think that "doing your own research" is just coming on with 1 post and "hi I'm new to this and I was wondering...";

THEN we know that if we point these people in the right direction and mention to them that they are not the first to go contracting and so their questions are not new, they will get all stroppy about our "attitide":

SO why not just refrain from answering? Then they will have to go and read for themselves. If they really are newbie contractors, and not just caravanners or Cornish farmers trying to wind us up.

expat,

I think you are taking things too seriously

probably you have a lot on

go out tonight, have a few beers and go down to Living, it's the place underneath the ECB tower, plenty of birds your age and good beer on offer

let your hair down

you'll feel better for it

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
      Cornish farmers trying to wind us up.
      Ooo aaar.

Comment

I say just ignore them or dont answer. I think an admin should be deleting the threads as they serve no points.

Comment

socker,

if the admins did that there'd be no threads in this forum !!

careful what you wish for.

Milan.

Comment

Originally posted by milanbenes
            expat,

go out tonight, have a few beers and go down to Living, it's the place underneath the ECB tower, plenty of birds your age and good beer on offer

Haven't been to El Living in ages. Where else for pick-up spots ?

Comment

expat,

I think you are taking things too seriously

probably you have a lot on

let your hair down

you'll feel better for it

Milan.
              I went out last night and had a few grappas. Would love to say I feel better for it. Grrrr!

As for a place full of birds my age, I'll certainly make a note of that.

Comment

you should go to Living tomorrow, Thursday nights are good there

plus, in the center of FaM there are loads of after work parties at the
                different bars especially at the end of the Zeil near the Alter Oper
                and in the banking district

get in there

Milan.

Comment

you should go to Living tomorrow, Thursday nights are good there

plus, in the center of FaM there are loads of after work parties at the
                  different bars especially at the end of the Zeil near the Alter Oper
                  and in the banking district

get in there

Milan.
                  The Fressgasse, ja. That's not what I want from my life. In fact with working (just outside Frankfurt) 8 till 8 or so, flying out Monday and back Friday, I'm kind of occupied. Thinking of ways to eat dinner and phone home at the same time.

Comment

Originally posted by expat
                    The Fressgasse, ja. That's not what I want from my life. In fact with working (just outside Frankfurt) 8 till 8 or so, flying out Monday and back Friday, I'm kind of occupied. Thinking of ways to eat dinner and phone home at the same time.

Fressgasse ain't hip. But where is in this town? You must try the Coralis (sp?) Christmas brew at the new Austrian restaurant on Am Salz ? near Cafe Karin. Tasty and blows your head off. Best schnitzel in the city too.

Comment

Working...
                    X