• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

oh dear : UK report says robots will have rights

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

oh dear : UK report says robots will have rights

http://www.ft.com/cms/s/5ae9b434-8f8...0779e2340.html

You know it makes sense...especially when you consider that the pc brigade has managed to give rights to mass murderers and veil wearing jihadi's!

Mailman

Comment

at least un-used robots could be switched off rather than claiming benefits for 5 years whilst looking for a suitable bending job.

Of course a simple arm upgrade could turn them into clampers, but that would be demeaning.
      Coffee's for closers

Comment

I remember reading a Judge Dredd many years ago that featured a new Mega-City One craze called Botting. As all jobs had long ago been assigned to robots and humans freed from the toil of work to enjoy unlimited leisure time the only way people could get a job and therefore earn money was by disguising themselves as robots.

You heard it here first.

Comment

Originally posted by Captain Jack
          I remember reading a Judge Dredd many years ago that featured a new Mega-City One craze called Botting. As all jobs had long ago been assigned to robots and humans freed from the toil of work to enjoy unlimited leisure time the only way people could get a job and therefore earn money was by disguising themselves as robots.

You heard it here first.
          Domo Arigato, Mr Roboto...
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

What a load of w@nk. How much did this cost us to put together

"sponsored by Sir David King, the UK government’s chief scientist. The paper covering robots’ rights was written by a UK partnership of Outsights, the management consultancy, and Ipsos Mori, the opinion research organisation"
            Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I'll be 86 and too busy pissing into a bag stapped to my (replacement) hip to worry about it...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Working...
              X