• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

For the 1st time ever - more white suspects than Asians arrested over terror plots

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

For the 1st time ever - more white suspects than Asians arrested over terror plots

More white suspects than people of Asian appearance arrested over terror claims
    Access Denied

WTF is going on?
    Hard Brexit now!
    #prayfornodeal

Further breakdowns are not included in the statistics but this section would include arrests relating to suspected far-right activity.
    Can I get a description of far right activities?

Does it involve strapping bombs to yourself and killing 10 year olds?

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
      Can I get a description of far right activities?

Does it involve strapping bombs to yourself and killing 10 year olds?
      Presumably it involves killing someone or the other.
      Hard Brexit now!
      #prayfornodeal

Comment

• Where would Richard Reid fit into this box ticking exercise?
        • Ignore arrested as any meaningful marker - what's the proportion of convicted?

Further breakdowns are not included in the statistic
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Where would Richard Reid fit into this box ticking exercise?
          Presumably he would have his own Black (mixed?) category. Personally I think there's only one category regardless of race : evil imbecilic morons

Originally posted by Troll View Post
          Ignore arrested as any meaningful marker - what's the proportion of convicted?
          Dunno, but if true, it's an interesting direction of travel.
          Hard Brexit now!
          #prayfornodeal

Comment

Maybe the Irish are back at it?

Or more worryingly people are lurching to the right because they are unhappy with the way the UK is going?

But if you look at it in context 87.2% white 4.2% Asian the Asians are a little over represented in the terrorism figures at just under 50%.

United Kingdom Demographics Profile 2018
            133 were white and 129 were recorded as Asian ethnic appearance.
            Or maybe a large number of south Asian terrorists were blown up in Syria?

Police and the security agencies say they are pursuing an unprecedented 650-plus "active" terrorism investigations.

Counter-terror police senior national co-ordinator, Deputy Assistant Commissioner Dean Haydon, said: "We may have seen a reduction in the number of arrests in the last 12 months, but we should put that in context by saying that we prevented 13 Islamist-related and four extreme right-wing plots since March 2017, so it certainly doesn't indicate a reduction in the threat we all face from terrorism.
            Does seem the Asian terrorists have higher productivity 13 attacks versus 4.

Of course this is arrests not sentencing, so it may just be the Police are picking up a few grandmothers to even the numbers up like stop & search?

One does wonder if this has anything to do with it?

Why 3 anti-Islam activists were refused entry to the UK - BBC News

Calling Allah Gay is enough to get you banned from the UK but refusing to bake a cake gets you sued.
            Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

There's a distinct whiff of lowering the bar for the definition of terrorist activities to make a political point. How often do you hear 'kippers described as "far right"?

I would reserve judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                There's a distinct whiff of lowering the bar for the definition of terrorist activities to make a political point. How often do you hear 'kippers described as "far right"?

I would reserve judgement.
                I'm pretty sure MI5 don't have the resources to arrest members of political parties for being members and that they will be focusing more on any threat of imminient mayhem
                Hard Brexit now!
                #prayfornodeal

Comment

Originally posted by sasguru View Post
                  I'm pretty sure MI5 don't have the resources to arrest members of political parties for being members and that they will be focusing more on any threat of imminient mayhem
                  Are you aware of the recent expansion of MI5? For example their "new" Northern HQ on the Pilsworth Industrial Estate in Bury(and I don't mean St Edmunds!)?
                  Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by Zigenare View Post
                    Are you aware of the recent expansion of MI5? For example their "new" Northern HQ on the Pilsworth Industrial Estate in Bury(and I don't mean St Edmunds!)?
                    No. What does it signify?
                    Hard Brexit now!
                    #prayfornodeal

Comment

Working...
                    X