• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Health Insurance

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Health Insurance

Howdy Peeps, I've received a quote for health cover from Bupa with PCG discount, it's something I am going to take up but I wonder what peoples thoughts are regarding the fees, do you pay via your Ltd. and pay BIK on it or just take the cost personally?

Yes, I've also submitted the same question to my accountant but was after some feedback here as well

I treat it a personal cost so pay for it myself. If YourCo pays you're in for a BIK and last time I looked it worked out much the same at the end of the day. No doubt the accountant will have better numbers and reasons!
    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Thanks, makes sense! I'll let you know what the accountant suggests.....

Comment

Accountant advises that it would be better personally, to avoid paying 12.8% Class 1A NIC and also additional personal tax come tax return time.

That's that sorted then!

Comment

how much does it work out? I looked at it and wondered if it was cost effective - particularly bearing in mind the perfect specimen I am...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

I'm 28, non smoker, "pretty" healthy, i.e. no known ailments and the monthly subscription has come in at just under £40........

Comment

Hrm, just the other day I was thinking to myself, shall I get the discounted BUPA health cover, and should it be personal or company. Guess that clears that then!!!

Comment

Originally posted by kirk
                I'm 28, non smoker, "pretty" healthy, i.e. no known ailments and the monthly subscription has come in at just under £40........
                Then again I'm a fit, active, non-smoking bloke in my 50s, got a joint one for self and SWMBO, costs £190 a month. Perhaps not on the same package, but it does creep up as you get more decrepit...
                Blog? What blog...?

Comment

The thing that puts me off with these things is that I cannot cover my children as they are not resident with me. Fecking ridiculous...

Older and ...well, just older!!

Comment

Can't you set up a group coverage package then...?
                    Blog? What blog...?

Comment

Working...
                    X