• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Opodo bookings - price increase - can they do?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Opodo bookings - price increase - can they do?

Found a cracking flight price yesterday on opodo for next year so I booked it....

I knew what was coming when the email said the booking would be confirmed within 24 hours. Lo and behold today an email asking me to ring customer services because the price had doubled.

Usual rubbish. Price has increased from the time you booked blah blah blah. Surely all these searches are online/live anyway? I think pretty much it was a pricing error to be honest...

Is this legal? Anyone could offer cheap flights, rope the customer in, get the credit card payment then say, oops the price has gone up....
    Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Yes they can
    Next....
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by psychocandy View Post
      Found a cracking flight price yesterday on opodo for next year so I booked it....

I knew what was coming when the email said the booking would be confirmed within 24 hours. Lo and behold today an email asking me to ring customer services because the price had doubled.

Usual rubbish. Price has increased from the time you booked blah blah blah. Surely all these searches are online/live anyway? I think pretty much it was a pricing error to be honest...

Is this legal? Anyone could offer cheap flights, rope the customer in, get the credit card payment then say, oops the price has gone up....
      Surly they can't take the money though. Was it still your choice to buy??

Comment

Always check if you can find the same price on the airline's own website (which you can in 99% of all cases) and if so book it there.

Comment

Originally posted by pjt View Post
          Surly they can't take the money though. Was it still your choice to buy??

Yeh I'd paid the original amount. When I phoned them it was a case of pay the extra or we'll cancel it.

I had an idea that it was a price mistake to be honest. Yeh price is still good but not brilliant any more.....

Comment

Originally posted by Eirikur View Post
            Always check if you can find the same price on the airline's own website (which you can in 99% of all cases) and if so book it there.
            Nah it was loads more direct with the airline so fairly sure opodo screwed up here.......

Comment

Were Opodo cheaper than Kayak?
              …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by WTFH View Post
                Were Opodo cheaper than Kayak?
                Yeh for this to be fair. For weeks I was looking at £200 per person then suddenly it appeared on opodo yesterday for £40 per person.
                So I booked it shartpish. Can't complain because its still only £85 per person now.

But still got to give it a go haven't you ;-)
                Last edited by psychocandy; 1 November 2018, 11:01.

Comment

Yeh for this fair
                  OK, but what about the circus?

Comment

Originally posted by jamesbrown View Post
                    OK, but what about the circus?
                    and the monkeys?

Comment

Working...