• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Nationwide House Price Index Oct 2018

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Nationwide House Price Index Oct 2018

Key points:

- Annual house price growth in October slows to 1.6%

- Prices flat month-on-month after accounting for seasonal effects

- While overall housing market activity still relatively subdued, recent years have seen a recovery in first time buyer numbers

Full report here:

https://www.nationwide.co.uk/-/media...8/Oct_2018.pdf

Tories continue to bung taxpayers money at big Tory donating land banks and property developers:

Autumn Budget 2018: New Help to Buy scheme launched – Which? News

Oh and here's the ONS forecast for UK Population.

Plenty of demand for housing. BTL brigade will be all millionaire's just in time for Korbyn to do a bail-in and grab the lot.

Comment

Yep, private BTL are just getting all the new social housing ready for government when they introduce the right to buy for the tenants and make it tax onerous on the BTL debt owner to not go along with it. BTLers should have 'bought to let' not 'borrowed to let'.

Easier and quicker than building their own council houses. They will just loan the tenants the money to buy knowing it will never be paid back by the sub-primers, so social housing by the back door.

So as a contractor on the living wage I'm going to look at rented property I wouldn't mind 'owning' and sit tight for the 'new deal'.
      Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn View Post
        Tories continue to bung taxpayers money at big Tory donating land banks and property developers:

Autumn Budget 2018: New Help to Buy scheme launched – Which? News

Oh and here's the ONS forecast for UK Population.

Plenty of demand for housing. BTL brigade will be all millionaire's just in time for Korbyn to do a bail-in and grab the lot.

Was that forecast after Brexit?

Can we not just ban immigration entirely and let emigration work its magic?

Comment

Working...
        X