• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Utopia with an 'e'

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Utopia with an 'e'

I wouldn't do it for ten times the price

Originally posted by Lucy
    $600 per day My bodyguard would cost double that!!!
    +50 Xeno Geek Points
    Come back Toolpusher, scotspine, Voodooflux. Pogle
    As for the rest of you - DILLIGAF

Purveyor of fine quality smut since 2005

CUK Olympic University Challenge Champions 2010/2012

Comment

Rate = Doesn't matter what they offer as you won't be alive long enough to collect it anyway.

Hotel = A hole in the ground (bunker)

Transport = Army truck of some sort or a Toyota Pickup truck that is riddled with bullet holes.

Security = Bodyguards?

Exp of launching a Telco = 2 bean cans and a piece of string usually does the trick.

Comment

Originally posted by Zippy
        $600 per day My bodyguard would cost double that!!!

Well, indeed, I keep thinking it is some kind of joke.

Comment

Well, indeed, I keep thinking it is some kind of joke.
          I don't think it's a joke. I know of one engineer who'd be very interested in that (ex-army, dodgy spots don't really worry him).
          Behold the warranty -- the bold print giveth and the fine print taketh away.

Comment

Immune to bullets is he ?

Rhubarb.

Comment

Up to 600 USD per day i.e. up to £300 a day. Yeah, right.

If ever this was a candidate for outsourcing to India this was. OK, an actual Indian might not quite be a good idea!
              Drivel is my speciality

Comment

I'll do it forra fiver.

Comment

I bet there will be loads of overtime , if the computer system comes under attack.

Comment

When I contracted at IBM here the only project they could find for me was setting up TCP/IP for DB2 under VSE. The only downpoint, apart from not knowing VSE, was the fact it was for the Pakistani Airforce and the location just happened to be on the Afghanistan border and this was just before the whole Taliban thing kicjed off. For only €500 a day (plus spesen) I kicked it and went to Butzbach instead.
                    Brexit is having a wee in the middle of the room at a house party because nobody is talking to you, and then complaining about the smell.

Comment

Working...
                    X