PDA

View Full Version : Client site or WFH? How about the third way...

Hobosapien
7th November 2018, 08:10
Working from a local flexible office paid for by client. :smile

Offsets the lack of travel expenses under IR35 and clients can easily set up satellite project teams for better collaboration and focused delivery. Client saves on fixed costs by not needing permanent office space and can set up flexible offices in cheaper centralised locations where more contractors under IR35 are willing to commute to.

Flexible office space demand 'to soar over five years' (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/business-46112503)

Bonus is free beer. The return of the lunchtime pint, or four. :yay:

ladymuck
7th November 2018, 10:11
I WFH when at home and when I venture north of the wall, I rent a desk which works out really well for me. I pay a set amount each month and roll over the days I don't use (within reason!).

My biggest gripe with these sort of drop in spaces is the lack of sockets. It seems that the people running these places don't consider that working in a portable manner means devices need charging.

Dark Black
7th November 2018, 10:19
I WFH when at home and when I venture north of the wall, I rent a desk which works out really well for me. I pay a set amount each month and roll over the days I don't use (within reason!).

My biggest gripe with these sort of drop in spaces is the lack of sockets. It seems that the people running these places don't consider that working in a portable manner means devices need charging.

Take a 4-way plug extension with you?

ladymuck
7th November 2018, 12:02

I do now! Learnt the hard way!

NickFitz
7th November 2018, 12:16

Or take a 12-way plug extension, and rent out sockets by the minute to the less well-prepared :D

woohoo
7th November 2018, 12:56
Or take a 12-way plug extension, and rent out sockets by the minute to the less well-prepared :D

Take a 24-way plug extension and under-cut the prices of anyone who rents out a 12-way.

LondonManc
7th November 2018, 12:59
Take a 24-way plug extension and under-cut the prices of anyone who rents out a 12-way.

Take a surge-protected 12-way and spike the winker who's undercutting you.

woohoo
7th November 2018, 13:48
Take a surge-protected 12-way and spike the winker who's undercutting you.

Take a surge protected 24-way and hit the person who spiked your original 24-way with it.

darmstadt
7th November 2018, 14:19
And a generator, just in case...

Old Greg
7th November 2018, 21:41
And a generator, just in case...

And blow the power supply, cornering the energy market.

GJABS
7th November 2018, 21:45
Take in a stink bomb, and make people pay for you not to let it off.

LondonManc
8th November 2018, 08:02
Take in a stink bomb, and make people pay for you not to let it off.

Take sasguru and make people pay for you to not take the gag off.