• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

12 month contract

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

12 month contract

1 - 12 month contract at a bank, few projects but nothing to really get your teeth into.

2 - Journey is a nightmare, over 3hrs a day commute.

3 - 4 week notice period.

So, how soon should I hand in my notice and go elsewhere? I'm thinking notice given end of Feb, leaving end of March would be ok?
    Call the cops

Originally posted by freakydancer
    So, how soon should I hand in my notice and go elsewhere? I'm thinking notice given end of Feb, leaving end of March would be ok?
    You don't want to be looking for a new contract a month before the start of the new tax year. Projects will be on hold until department budgets get approved in April.
    Listen to my last album on Spotify

Comment

Originally posted by Cowboy Bob
      You don't want to be looking for a new contract a month before the start of the new tax year. Projects will be on hold until department budgets get approved in April.

Well, kind of, some firms use calendar year fin year end, so it doesn't always make a difference.

Get a new contract before you give your notice.

Comment

Originally posted by Lucy
        Well, kind of, some firms use calendar year fin year end, so it doesn't always make a difference.

Get a new contract before you give your notice.
        That's ideally what I'd like to do, but it can be a bit of a problem finding one that will wait a month for me to start.

I'll see what the market is like nearer the time I guess.
        Call the cops

Comment

Originally posted by freakydancer
          That's ideally what I'd like to do, but it can be a bit of a problem finding one that will wait a month for me to start.

I'll see what the market is like nearer the time I guess.

Give notice or get sick.

Comment

In my experience, EB/Clients won't even look at your set of skills if you are not available within two weeks.
            Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

a £40/hr contract in hand is better than a £50/hr in the .. ahem bush

Comment

Working...
              X