PDA

View Full Version : Approving Timesheets

FMCG
8th November 2018, 06:55
Would like to check others view on this........

Have a reasonably responsible role and end up in 2 scenarios

placed at a client through a PM company with co-colleagues and as the "senior" representative am asked to approve colleagues hours for the PM company
work direct with client and may have co-contract/interim-colleagues who work with me, again deemed responsible to approve timesheets

Never really gave it much thought and so wanted to canvass others views.

WTFH
8th November 2018, 07:07
I’m not sure what a co-colleague or co-contract is, but that’s maybe some new buzzwords to add to bingo.
Are you approving the time sheets for the end client or for the PM company or for the agency (or someone else)?
Who has asked you to do the approvals? Is it the end client, the PM company or the agency (or someone else)?
What is your concern about being asked to do it?

Yorkie62
8th November 2018, 07:10
Would like to check others view on this........

Have a reasonably responsible role and end up in 2 scenarios

placed at a client through a PM company with co-colleagues and as the "senior" representative am asked to approve colleagues hours for the PM company
work direct with client and may have co-contract/interim-colleagues who work with me, again deemed responsible to approve timesheets

Never really gave it much thought and so wanted to canvass others views.

I never get myself into that position, never responsible for authorising anything for a clients staff of its subcontractors. Kind of indicates being part and parcel in my view.

Old Greg
8th November 2018, 07:44
I never get myself into that position, never responsible for authorising anything for a clients staff of its subcontractors. Kind of indicates being part and parcel in my view.
My dad taught me two things in life, both of which he learnt in the army. Never volunteer for anything. Never sign for anything. Wise words.

NigelJK
8th November 2018, 07:53
Ordering off Amazon must be a pain then

Old Greg
8th November 2018, 08:02
Ordering off Amazon must be a pain then

Not at all.

LondonManc
8th November 2018, 08:06

Nah, that's simply ticks in boxes - if you're involved in HR processes, that's different