• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Continue running UK Ltd from abroad

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Continue running UK Ltd from abroad

Hi,

So, I've been "contracting" via Ltd for several years. My current model is actually "consulting". I agree pieces of work, I invoice, I get paid. End of story. No daily rates, etc. etc.
    The opportunity has arisen for me to move back to Italy and keep working for my current and only client, fully remote.

It'd be great for me to keep doing that via my current limited company. I know UK Ltd can have directors that are resident abroad, so that's good.
    Now, to the tax nightmare.

As an individual, I would become tax resident in Italy and will have to pay taxes there on my income. That's fair enough.
    From the company POV, I know I wouldn't have to pay PAYE to the UK anymore, but some equivalent form to the Italian gov.

(please correct me at any point if I am wrong on the above)

The real question is: with my current model (company providing services, and billing for them), would my company become liable for "Italian" CT?

Is this going to be too much trouble and costs anyway? And would I probably be better off doing it differently?

Thanks in advance!

Regards,

Vince

You may need to check with Italian tax authorities but I think it's likely that YourCo would become tax resident in Italy and liable to tax on it's profits there, as well as the UK (subject to double taxation agreements). You should get professional advice.

Comment

Working...
    X