• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Hello everyone and a quick question

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello everyone and a quick question

Hi everyone,

Thanks for accepting me on to the forums. I have a question relating to me being a sole Director of my Limited Company which is mainly as a consultant offshore.

Things have been quiet recently and my fall back security is agency work driving trucks. Now I am a bit confused with this. I have done a couple of weeks with one agency who are PAYE which is straight forward enough as its separate from my Ltd company however will be part of my tax return.

I have been offered by another driving agency work but through my Limited company.

Question is: Can I put the driving work through my Limited Company? Is this allowed?

Thanks in advance everyone

Gary

Originally posted by MK17DIVERS View Post
    Hi everyone,

Thanks for accepting me on to the forums. I have a question relating to me being a sole Director of my Limited Company which is mainly as a consultant offshore.

Things have been quiet recently and my fall back security is agency work driving trucks. Now I am a bit confused with this. I have done a couple of weeks with one agency who are PAYE which is straight forward enough as its separate from my Ltd company however will be part of my tax return.

I have been offered by another driving agency work but through my Limited company.

Question is: Can I put the driving work through my Limited Company? Is this allowed?

Thanks in advance everyone

Gary
    What does your accountant say?
    (You have got an accountant right?)

Why would you think you could retrospectively put a PAYE wage already earned and paid, through your limited company, given it wasn't your ltd that paid you?
    (This is why you NEED an accountant)
    Originally posted by Old Greg
    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Have you tried bleeding radiators instead?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

Why would you think you could retrospectively put a PAYE wage already earned and paid, through your limited company, given it wasn't your ltd that paid you?
        AIUI it's not the already-completed driving work that was done PAYE that OP wants to put through their Ltd, but the second stint they've been offered by a different agency.

And I don't see why not, assuming the driving agency is happy being invoiced by a Ltd company, which seems to be the case. If it becomes the main business of the company then some paperwork might be due to Companies House in the annual declaration thingy, but that's about it.

After all, if people can sell sledges as a sideline…

Comment

Second offer is from another agency separate from the PAYE.

No reason you can't put it through the Ltd unless the earnings from Driving outweigh the earnings from your main occupation, in which case you may have to change the business type with CH and change the VAT registration if you are Flat Rate,
          "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Does anyone know what happened to sockpuppet?

Comment

Thanks

Thanks to Nickfitz and DaveB for your replies. Very helpful

Comment

How did you even come to this assumption from what the OP said!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by MonkeysUncle View Post
                  How did you even come to this assumption from what the OP said!!!!
                  wrong end of the stick after a long day, haha.

DaveB's comment about earnings going over main occupation earnings are very pertinent though.
                  Originally posted by Old Greg
                  I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                  ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                  X