PDA

View Full Version : Hello everyone and a quick question

MK17DIVERS
13th November 2018, 16:00
Hi everyone,

Thanks for accepting me on to the forums. I have a question relating to me being a sole Director of my Limited Company which is mainly as a consultant offshore.

Things have been quiet recently and my fall back security is agency work driving trucks. Now I am a bit confused with this. I have done a couple of weeks with one agency who are PAYE which is straight forward enough as its separate from my Ltd company however will be part of my tax return.

I have been offered by another driving agency work but through my Limited company.

Question is: Can I put the driving work through my Limited Company? Is this allowed?

Thanks in advance everyone

Gary

Bean
13th November 2018, 17:09
Hi everyone,

Thanks for accepting me on to the forums. I have a question relating to me being a sole Director of my Limited Company which is mainly as a consultant offshore.

Things have been quiet recently and my fall back security is agency work driving trucks. Now I am a bit confused with this. I have done a couple of weeks with one agency who are PAYE which is straight forward enough as its separate from my Ltd company however will be part of my tax return.

I have been offered by another driving agency work but through my Limited company.

Question is: Can I put the driving work through my Limited Company? Is this allowed?

Thanks in advance everyone

Gary

What does your accountant say?
(You have got an accountant right?)

Why would you think you could retrospectively put a PAYE wage already earned and paid, through your limited company, given it wasn't your ltd that paid you?
(This is why you NEED an accountant)

northernladuk
13th November 2018, 17:31
Have you tried bleeding radiators instead?

NickFitz
13th November 2018, 20:08

Why would you think you could retrospectively put a PAYE wage already earned and paid, through your limited company, given it wasn't your ltd that paid you?

AIUI it's not the already-completed driving work that was done PAYE that OP wants to put through their Ltd, but the second stint they've been offered by a different agency.

And I don't see why not, assuming the driving agency is happy being invoiced by a Ltd company, which seems to be the case. If it becomes the main business of the company then some paperwork might be due to Companies House in the annual declaration thingy, but that's about it.

After all, if people can sell sledges as a sideline… :rolleyes:

DaveB
13th November 2018, 20:35

Second offer is from another agency separate from the PAYE.

No reason you can't put it through the Ltd unless the earnings from Driving outweigh the earnings from your main occupation, in which case you may have to change the business type with CH and change the VAT registration if you are Flat Rate,

Old Greg
13th November 2018, 21:03
Does anyone know what happened to sockpuppet?

MK17DIVERS
14th November 2018, 07:56
Thanks to Nickfitz and DaveB for your replies. Very helpful

MonkeysUncle
14th November 2018, 08:03

How did you even come to this assumption from what the OP said!!!!

Bean
14th November 2018, 11:13
How did you even come to this assumption from what the OP said!!!!

wrong end of the stick after a long day, haha.

DaveB's comment about earnings going over main occupation earnings are very pertinent though.