• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Dominic Raab Resigns!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Dominic Raab Resigns!

Not a placeholder!

Blimey!

Just when you thought there was an ending in sight.....
    This can only end in one super hard withdrawl as our politicians will never agree.

Comment

No deal is better than a bad deal. This is a bad deal.

I'm having buyers remorse

Comment

Another project manager realises (a bit too late considering the history of brexit) that the boss wants to meddle and it's not only a poisoned chalice but also a noose for a scapegoat.

Let May stand and fall on her own decision to push through a plan that couldn't have been more damaging to the UK if Drunker had wrote it himself.

Sounds like the proposal would have been voted down in parliament anyway unless May was willing to give the DUP a few more billion to back her on NI soft border with mainland UK.

All heading for a new referendum where government will be hoping a vote remain is delivered this time. That or a hard brexit and chaos as there has been insufficient planning and will need the EU to agree a transition period.

Oh well.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Platypus View Post
          No deal is better than a bad deal. This is a bad deal.

I'm having buyers remorse

Comment

Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab resigns

Here come the PM candidates

Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab resigns

Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab has resigned saying he "cannot in good conscience support" the UK's draft Brexit agreement with the EU.Theresa May announced on Wednesday evening that she had secured the backing of her cabinet for the agreement, after a five hour meeting.
            But several ministers were understood to have spoken against it.
            And there are suggestions of moves among Conservative backbenchers to force a no-confidence vote in her.
            The prime minister is due to make a Commons statement on the Brexit agreement at 1030 GMT.
            Mr Raab - a Leave supporter who was promoted to the cabinet to replace David Davis when he quit in protest at Mrs May's Brexit plans - is among a group of senior ministers thought to be unhappy with the agreement.
            Live: Reaction to Raab resignation
            He was closely involved in drafting the agreement, which sets out the terms of Britain's departure from the EU.
            In his resignation letter, Mr Raab said he could not support it because the regulatory regime proposed for Northern Ireland "presents a very real threat to the integrity of the United Kingdom".
            And, he added, the "backstop" arrangements aimed at preventing the return of a hard Irish border would result in the EU "holding a veto over our ability to exit".
            "Above all, I cannot reconcile the terms of the proposed deal with the promises we made to the country in our manifesto at the last election," he told the prime minister.
            The BBC's Norman Smith said Mr Raab's departure puts pressure on other cabinet members to quit, raising the prospect of a "domino effect" that could end in the break-up of the cabinet.
            Remain-backing Conservative MP Anna Soubry tweeted: "Raab's resignation marks the end of PMs Withdrawal Agreement. This is v serious the PM will clearly be considering her position. My own view is that we need a Govt of National Unity and we need it now."
            Conservative Brexiteer MP Anne Marie Morris told BBC News she believed enough Tory MPs had now sent letters to the chairman of the 1922 committee to trigger a leadership contest.
            "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Comment

Why can't I delete posts? Where is my right to forget?!
                "Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Interesting how Brexit secretaries resign, AFTER deals they helped negotiate are announced

Comment

The Official Brexit Secretary Dominic Raab resignation thread

Accept no cheap substitutes to the Official AOC protected threads!

Comment

Working...
                    X