• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Old copies of Freelance Informer magazine

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I worked as a contractor in the UK in the late 1980s and early 1990s and greatly enjoyed Freelance Informer Magazine - and still have my copies!

I am about to move house and have decided that the magazines must go, but I wondered if they were of any 'historical significance' and if anyone would want them (rather than just putting them with the paper recycling). Below are details of the copies. I don't want any payment for them, but if someone in the UK wants some (or all) of them, they would need to pay for shipment from Australia.

This offer is open until January 5 - apologies for the relatively short notice.

FREELANCE INFORMER:
    1986: Vol. 3 Numbers 7 - 13
    1987: Vol. 4 Numbers 1 - 22 + Yearbook
    1988: Vol. 5 Numbers 1 - 8, 10 - 16, 18 - 23 + Yearbook
    1989: Vol. 6 Numbers 1 - 25 + Yearbook
    1990: Vol. 7 ? 21 copies + Yearbook
    1991: 24 copies + Yearbook
    1992: 13 copies + Yearbook
    1993: 17 copies + Yearbook
    1994: 5 copies

Try Ebay.
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Feck....Freelance Informer - that takes me back - & Ceefax - that page which had all the IT contracts!

Jumpers for goalposts & Waggon Wheels were bigger
      How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Your joking...you mean you keep copies of Freelance informer from the 1980's

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Actually in a cupboard somewhere I do believe I have IEE recruitment news letters from the 80's.

..hmm perhaps I should apply for one of these jobs just for a laugh.
          I'm alright Jack

Comment

Wasn't that the one that always had weird cartoon drawings on the front? And what was the name of the that legal advice guy?

Comment

I used to write, on and off, for the Freelance Informer. Which was nice.

Sad it is no longer with us.
              Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
              threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

I remember one of the ads from an agency that had a cartoon depicting the moment an egyptian tomb was opened for the first time. The wording was along the lines of - 'and as they broke through the entrance a dark chamber became visible on the other side and everywhere they looked inside they could see GOLD, piles of GOLD !'
                Excellent stuff.

Comment

If they are still available, I'd really like to take those copies of Freelance Informer off your hands and am happy to pay the shipping costs.

Thanks.

Comment

They did have an excellent Legal Eagle on that rag - yeah what was his name ?

Some great covers too - anybody remember the one which looked like a penny-dreadful cover from the Vitorian era - some poor sod in their nightgown and cap lying in bed whilst throwing up over the side into a wee pot - the caption being a Morning in the Life of an overseas Contractor.

Of course - nothing could be further from the truth.

Comment

Working...
                    X