• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

More Arron Banks bulltulip

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

More Arron Banks bulltulip

Appealing a tax bill by using European Law.

Tax was due on UKIP donations | AccountingWEB

Arron Banks sought to use the European convention on human rights to argue that IHT charged on gifts he made to the UK Independence Party (UKIP) amounted to a breach of his human rights.
    "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

He ended to get the appeal in quick before we leave the EU, at which point anything that was EU law no longer applies.
    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Originally posted by DaveB View Post

Are you saying you wouldn't use any & all legal means available, in order to legally minimise your tax bill?

Think that's called cutting off your nose to spite your face...
      Originally posted by Old Greg
      I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
      ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post
        Are you saying you wouldn't use any & all legal means available, in order to legally minimise your tax bill?

If you don't pay 'your fair share' of taxes the government will change the rules to ensure you do. Unless you are a party donor where they will orchestrate a Brexit to protect your interests from the meddling EU.
        Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Bean View Post

A great description of Brexit.
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Technical point, the European Convention of Human Rights and its European Court of Human Rights is not the European Union and nor is it an EU institution. When we leave the EU, even in the hardest of hard arse Brexits, we aren't leaving the ECHR.

Gammons will be extremely confused by the ECtHR still passing judgements on British things.
            Taking a break from contracting

Comment

Working...
            X