• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Bloody SQL Server Developers!!!!!

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Bloody SQL Server Developers!!!!!

I was going to work at home today. Having designed a fantastic reporting system in SQL Server using DTS & Excel I was awaiting the results to come to me this morning so I dont have to go to the office.

Anyway some freaking idiot has obviously scheduled it incorrectly as for the 2nd day they havent come through!!!!!

That idiot it me!!!!!
    What happens in General, stays in General.
    You know what they say about assumptions!

Originally posted by MarillionFan
    That idiot it me!!!!!
    is me

Unless you mean the idiot hit you.

Either way, merry Christmas
    Last edited by wendigo100; 21 December 2006, 11:36.

Comment

I feel another contract is about to be terminated
      The court heard Darren Upton had written a letter to Judge Sally Cahill QC saying he wasn’t “a typical inmate of prison”.

But the judge said: “That simply demonstrates your arrogance continues. You are typical. Inmates of prison are people who are dishonest. You are a thoroughly dishonestly man motivated by your own selfish greed.”

Comment

Don't worry - I once accidentally deleted the entire product file for a retailer. There was a backup...yup a single backup file which overwrote the previous nights backup..'cuz the DBA was too lazy/cheap to get a proper tape put in. Tip! when copying SPs from one SQL server to another tick off the "drop and recreate associated objects"(?) flag. Didn't discover this until Monday when the order refresh failed.

I had to rebuild the product file from a week old Oracle backup and by pulling the remainf products from the Linux warehouse fullfillment system. Took half a day and I cocked it up as afterwards all the new product numbers started with 2xxxxxxxx instead of 1xxxxxxxx. Brill!

I didn't hang around too long after that.
        McCoy: "Medical men are trained in logic."
        Spock: "Trained? Judging from you, I would have guessed it was trial and error."

Comment

done worse

Back in permie days I was once having to temporarily free a lot of space on a development box

I detached one of the databases, zipped up the datafiles, then deleted the data files, except i accidentally deleted the compressed file as well

No backups anywhere! about 2 months of someones work gone, i tried a few undelete utilities (paid for out of my own pocket) and couldn't get it back.

Ended up creating junk files of the same size, compressing them and then deleting them. I then "corrupted" the compressed file so it wouldn't open.

Very dishonest of me!! however kept me off the hook, the project was shelved the week after anyway and for reasons completely unrelated to my balls up
          Coffee's for closers

Comment

Has this turned into a "confession" type of thread?
            I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by Spacecadet
              done worse

Back in permie days I was once having to temporarily free a lot of space on a development box

I detached one of the databases, zipped up the datafiles, then deleted the data files, except i accidentally deleted the compressed file as well

No backups anywhere! about 2 months of someones work gone, i tried a few undelete utilities (paid for out of my own pocket) and couldn't get it back.

Ended up creating junk files of the same size, compressing them and then deleting them. I then "corrupted" the compressed file so it wouldn't open.

Very dishonest of me!! however kept me off the hook, the project was shelved the week after anyway and for reasons completely unrelated to my balls up

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!! THAT WAS YOU!!!!! WHY I OUTTAAAAA

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                Has this turned into a "confession" type of thread?
                I hope so
                Coffee's for closers

Comment

Working...
                X