• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SW rail...

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SW rail...

.....absolute clusterfudge this morning.

There must be a way I can blame this on B*exit, someone help me connect the dots... (apologies if this is in the wrong forum - appropriate forum will decided by answer to previous question).
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

There must be a way I can blame this on B*exit, someone help me connect the dots... (apologies if this is in the wrong forum - appropriate forum will decided by answer to previous question).
    I am so surprised, I thought that painting the rolling stock a different colour from the old franchise would cure all the problems.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

It’s Brexit related in a sense that it is a result of Govt incompetency and voters who keep voting same parties in

Comment

Originally posted by Jog On View Post

If it's anything to do with HS2 preparation work, there's your answer, because HS2 is part of some grandiose Europe wide rail network planned and mandated by the EU.

(Hence ministers' otherwise inexplicably obstinate determination to press on with the useless and already outdated white elephant at vast expense and upheaval, despite almost universal opposition! )
        Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I got caught in it as well. Got the 5:30 which was on time and then was turfed off at Basingstoke with the "we advise you to go home" notice. I eventually made it back to my house at 07:30. At least I can WFH. Not sure what's going to happen tomorrow as no doubt all the rolling stock will be in the wrong place.

At least it's better than Friday when I lost a day's billing as my Internet was down (Virgin).
          ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by OwlHoot View Post
            If it's anything to do with HS2 preparation work, there's your answer, because HS2 is part of some grandiose Europe wide rail network planned and mandated by the EU.

(Hence ministers' otherwise inexplicably obstinate determination to press on with the useless and already outdated white elephant at vast expense and upheaval, despite almost universal opposition! )
            Yeah, EUSSR forced British Parliament to make legislation in this area, and as a cover up removed direct link to Eurochannel link so that nobody could know the truth...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
              turfed off at Basingstoke
              Hahaha

Comment

Child #2 made it as far as the station before giving up and coming home.

That line is getting worse and worse. And the fares are going up and up.

Comment

Originally posted by GJABS View Post
                  Hahaha
                  Did I make a joke?
                  ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                    Did I make a joke?
                    No. Basingstoke is no laughing matter.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Working...
                    X