• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Xmas decorations up yet?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Xmas decorations up yet?

Mrs Jog is keen to get decorations up and has been for a couple of weeks now. She seems to think I'm the decision maker on when is acceptable to put them up - as if I'm the big meenie saying 'not yet' and not 'society' as evidenced by lack of trees and decorations up around the neighborhood.

That being said neighbor over the road who usually turns his house into great big light-box has made a start but not switched anything on yet...

Bearing in mind that shops and adverts seem to find it acceptable to start celebrating in September - has anyone put up their decorations yet? If not yet then when?
    "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Do what makes you happy.

My eldest (9) is busting to get the tree up already and another house in the village has a giant illuminated snowman outside as of last weekend.

Comment

Inside the house, or outside if restrained and tasteful: put them up whenever you like; leave them up all year if you want.

Your neighbour over the road: exile to Rockall, burn his home, and plough salt into his land.

Comment

We've got some presents lying around to wrap, and The Wife (tm) bought some tat the other day that will be going up, but not yet.

Maybe just before we go off skiing, but more likely the couple of days between when we get back and the 25th.
        …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

I never put decorations up. I barely tolerate the cards I'm given

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
            I never put decorations up. I barely tolerate the cards I'm given
            Damn girl, I like your style. Sounds like we'd make a perfect couple.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

We're away this year so we're not having any!
              Rule Number 1 - Assuming that you have a valid contract in place always try to get your poo onto your timesheet, provided that the timesheet is valid for your current contract and covers the period of time that you are billing for.

I preferred version 1!

Comment

I noticed rather bemusedly that some of the local pubs already have their trees up partially obscuring the rugby at the weekend.

None of the neighbours that I can see (about 100 from my vantage point over the estuary ) have any decs up outside yet, though one has a rope light all the way down their garden all year round. I presume to guide them to an outside lav at the bottom of their garden or something. Haven't been that interested to dig out the binoculars to check.

Mexican stand off time to see who folds first and starts the domino effect. Won't be me.
                Maybe tomorrow, I'll want to settle down. Until tomorrow, I'll just keep moving on.

Comment

Originally posted by Hobosapien View Post
                  I noticed rather bemusedly that some of the local pubs already have their trees up partially obscuring the rugby at the weekend.

None of the neighbours that I can see (about 100 from my vantage point over the estuary ) have any decs up outside yet, though one has a rope light all the way down their garden all year round. I presume to guide them to an outside lav at the bottom of their garden or something. Haven't been that interested to dig out the binoculars to check.

Mexican stand off time to see who folds first and starts the domino effect. Won't be me.
                  This is exactly the situation that is being masked as me being a meenie...
                  "Is someone you don't like allowed to say something you don't like? If that is the case then we have free speech."- Elon Musk

Comment

You should put them up on Christmas Eve and take them down on Boxing Day.

Comment

Working...
                    X