• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Mattresses that are good for the back

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Mattresses that are good for the back

14 years in IT has taken it's toll on my back and have an awful mattress at home....

Anybody had a good experience with buying a top quality mattress. Budget of £1k.

I know where this thread is likely to end up going but nonetheless I'm sure there are a few good guys on here to give some good advice!

I've got a tempur mattress. A bit over budget but considering you're likely to spend more time in bed than almost anything else, why are you being so stingy?
    And the lord said unto John; "come forth and receive eternal life." But John came fifth and won a toaster.

Comment

Originally posted by b0redom View Post
      I've got a tempur mattress. A bit over budget but considering you're likely to spend more time in bed than almost anything else, why are you being so stingy?
      I thought £1k is a decent budget.... must be some good black Friday deals around.

Comment

I am not sure

Milan.
        Last edited by milanbenes; 22 November 2018, 11:57.

Comment

Bought a Tempur Cloud years ago and the thing is an absolute pleasure to sleep in.

Worth every penny and they do 0% finance
          ⭐️ Gold Star Contractor

Comment

Had same problem.

Spend some money, you will be so glad you did. Get super king with two single mattresses that zip together, you can both then get the firmness that suits. We got Harrison with natural animal fibres. It is absolute bliss combined with Sheridan bedding. Cost 3k for mattress and bedding but the better sleep makes it worth every penny.

I CAN'T STRESS ENOUGH, SPEND SOME SERIOUS MONEY AND GET SOME SEROUISLY BLISSFUL SLEEP!!
            But I discovered nothing else but depraved, excessive superstition. Pliny the younger

Comment

Tempur for me, add a topper for super comfy

Comment

Eve Mattresses are the answer. Now what was the question again?

They're about £600 for a king size, or were a couple of years ago, and everyone who stays at my gaff remarks on how comfortable they are.

(I don't have any financial interest in recommending them BTW.)
                Work in the public sector? Read the IR35 FAQ here

Comment

I had a firm memory foam mattress (not tempur) and found it very comfortable. Only downside is that it gets very hot.

My Dad, who has awful back issues, now has my old bed and mattress and complains about it being hot but doesn't complain about his back.

Comment

I've got one of these and saying it's ultimate is an understatement. Just ordered two more for the kids.

John Lewis & Partners The Ultimate Collection Cashmere Pocket Spring Zip Link Mattress, Medium, Emperor at John Lewis & Partners
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X