• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

SQL 2016

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SQL 2016

Whilst doing the research with chap at work on SQL certs, I had a dig around what's new on SQL 2016 and came across temporal tables. In days gone by I'd have to build triggers, complex stored procs etc to track slowly changing dimensions in my data marts. And as for being able to track Fact changes over time, storing monthly backups was a favourite solution Temporal tables though!!!! The kids of today don't know how lucky they are
    I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Nobody uses In Memory OLTP.

If you go to Service Pack 1 however you get a bunch of stuff that was Enterprise only in times gone past.

My favourite part of 2016 is the Query Store, great for investigating outages and stuff. If only they turned it on as standard...

Comment

Working...
    X