• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Why do people accept permie jobs?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why do people accept permie jobs?

Give me a reason.

Nothing is permanent in this life. Isn't a permanent job an absurdity by its own definition? Besides, it has a contract and therefore it's a contract job too. It's simply being paid less.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Only idiots, losers and those afraid of risk go permie.

How is your low paid non-permanent job going Francko?

Comment

There are lots of benefits not open to contractors that can make up the difference.

However, nothing is permanent, not even a permie job.

Comment

I my permie job they kept everybody on their toes by fear of redundancy. People were so afraid they used to do work very hard. Contracting sets you free from all that crap and you get new crap to worry about.

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
          There are lots of benefits not open to contractors that can make up the difference.

However, nothing is permanent, not even a permie job.
          Like? Health insurance. Well, they manage to convince my wife but not me.
          I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
            Only idiots, losers and those afraid of risk go permie.

How is your low paid non-permanent job going Francko?

Well, when I took it 2 years ago wasn't low paid. But it is now. Anyway, its days are numbered.

Comment

I wanted some stability in my life while I divorced the wife.

Also, guess what the sick bitch did today! She sent me an Xmas card that I sent to her years ago!

FFS!

Comment

Originally posted by Churchill
                I wanted some stability in my life while I divorced the wife.

Also, guess what the sick bitch did today! She sent me an Xmas card that I sent to her years ago!

FFS!
                She still loves you...
                Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Francko
                  Like? Health insurance. Well, they manage to convince my wife but not me.
                  What about contributary pension, redundancy parachute, "paid" holidays and sickness, maternity.

Plus the love that you develop for the company - can't put a price on that!

Comment

Originally posted by wendigo100
                    Plus the love that you develop for the company - can't put a price on that!
                    You had me fooled up to there
                    Carpe Pactum

(does fuzzy logic tickle?)

Comment

Working...
                    X