PDA

View Full Version : Online Forums Bill

chopper
23rd November 2018, 11:11
Whislt there is a significant section of our society who are upset that the EU shouldn't be allowed to pass laws in the UK, the simple fact is that the UK government is perfectly capable of its own oppressive legislation, far worse than anything the EU tries to 'impose' on it. Like this proposed bill, for example.

Online Forums Bill (https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/2017-2019/0263/cbill_2017-20190263_en_2.htm?fbclid=IwAR1Y7h0Ro3cJR4FCX17_I2u 3G14NIq7yeQMeWBjHo3ELK4DNGYAXt1a8mzA#l1g1)

Make administrators and moderators of certain online forums responsible for
content published on those forums; to require such administrators and
moderators to remove certain content; to require platforms to publish
information about such forums; and for connected purposes.

Whilst the EU is more interested in bastardly things like Working Time Directives, ensuring more annual leave for employees, improving air quality, improving the quality of goods on sale in the EU, Anti Tax Avoidance rules, removing barriers such as mobile roaming charges across the UK, preventing discrimination just because someone is from country A in the EU rather then country B, and legislation around late payment of commercial debts. How very dare they.

The above bill is highly unlikely to become law as it is a private member's bill without government support, but the fact it is out there and isn't too far removed from the Investigatory Powers Act and other snooping they try and force on us.

WTFH
23rd November 2018, 11:16
Now that's what I call a ban hammer.

Jog On
23rd November 2018, 11:40
AtW will have a wet dream over this.

milanbenes
23rd November 2018, 11:48
Whislt there is a significant section of our society who are upset that the EU shouldn't be allowed to pass laws in the UK, the simple fact is that the UK government is perfectly capable of its own oppressive legislation, far worse than anything the EU tries to 'impose' on it. Like this proposed bill, for example.

Online Forums Bill (https://publications.parliament.uk/pa/bills/cbill/2017-2019/0263/cbill_2017-20190263_en_2.htm?fbclid=IwAR1Y7h0Ro3cJR4FCX17_I2u 3G14NIq7yeQMeWBjHo3ELK4DNGYAXt1a8mzA#l1g1)

Whilst the EU is more interested in bastardly things like Working Time Directives, ensuring more annual leave for employees, improving air quality, improving the quality of goods on sale in the EU, Anti Tax Avoidance rules, removing barriers such as mobile roaming charges across the UK, preventing discrimination just because someone is from country A in the EU rather then country B, and legislation around late payment of commercial debts. How very dare they.

The above bill is highly unlikely to become law as it is a private member's bill without government support, but the fact it is out there and isn't too far removed from the Investigatory Powers Act and other snooping they try and force on us.

in a country which has more cameras than where is it

this is only inevitable

good luck all

Milan.

Mordac
24th November 2018, 15:29
Now that's what I call a ban hammer.

Make administrators and moderators of certain online forums responsible for
content published on those forums

The last thing we need is for you to have even more power...:eek

Yorkie62
24th November 2018, 15:47

Perhaps when, and if, your wife is subjected to threats and abuse on platforms such as FACEBOOK and you find out that the Police actually have no powers to take action against these scum then perhaps you will change your tune. I for one would welcome such a bill. I did offer my help to the Police to sort this matter out but was warned that I would be arrested if I took such action.

AtW
24th November 2018, 15:59
Police got plenty of powers.

There ain't enough police.

HTH

chopper
24th November 2018, 16:46
Perhaps when, and if, your wife is subjected to threats and abuse on platforms such as FACEBOOK and you find out that the Police actually have no powers to take action against these scum then perhaps you will change your tune. I for one would welcome such a bill. I did offer my help to the Police to sort this matter out but was warned that I would be arrested if I took such action.

A good excuse to stop using the time thief that is Facebook, no?

darmstadt
24th November 2018, 20:35

Man jailed for targeting grieving families with online abuse | The Crown Prosecution Service (https://www.cps.gov.uk/north-east/news/man-jailed-targeting-grieving-families-online-abuse)

Maybe point the police to: Stalking and Harassment | The Crown Prosecution Service (https://www.cps.gov.uk/legal-guidance/stalking-and-harassment)

vetran
25th November 2018, 11:56
The last thing we need is for you to have even more power...:eek

indeed in our mods case

"with great power comes great

Confusion"