• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Did someone say extension

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Did someone say extension

3 month extension landed today due to additional project scope

Best gig I've had in terms of rate and WFH.

Am seriously wondering how I'll react when I land the next gig - I've never had a new contract on a lower rate; each time my rate has always increased.
    Looking at the current market, now is as good as it gets ... although it's not like I'll be below the poverty line next time.

Appreciate it's standard contractor stuff, to work on fluctuating rates. It's just not something I've experienced...

Could be worse, I could be permie

Permie life is good for me at the moment.

That said, well done.
    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post

Best gig I've had in terms of rate and WFH.

Am seriously wondering how I'll react when I land the next gig - I've never had a new contract on a lower rate; each time my rate has always increased.
      Looking at the current market, now is as good as it gets ... although it's not like I'll be below the poverty line next time.

Appreciate it's standard contractor stuff, to work on fluctuating rates. It's just not something I've experienced...

Could be worse, I could be permie
      Congrats!! Similar story for me! Been contracting now for over 10 years and in that time my rate has only ever gone up. I'm not sure how I'll manage the first gig where I need to take a cut. I'm sure it will happen but its not going to be the best motivationally lol

Took a big rate rise for my current role plus no travel so all is good for now.

Comment

Nice one! It's always good when the planets align and you get the dream gig.

I've just turned down an extension, tulipe rate, tulipe job.

Comment

Comment

Originally posted by Spoiler View Post
            Early Christmas present....

Comment

Aye its tough to from a good gig to a tulipe one. Varies a lot I find in terms of attitude/general niceness and not just rate.

Current gig is like a country club. Turn up when I want, do what I want, nothing too stressful, WFH etc. 20 mins drive from home.

Previous gig was 90 mins door to door on train. Really good people but I had to pretty much beg to WFH one day a fortnight. Even then it was pretty much frowned upon and they weren't keen. Believe me - when you're out of the house at 630am and not home until 6pm that one day a fortnight is golden if only for things like dentist, GP etc
              Rhyddid i lofnod psychocandy!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

Nice one! It's always good when the planets align and you get the dream gig.

I've just turned down an extension, tulipe rate, tulipe job.

You know you didn't want to!
                Always forgive your enemies; nothing annoys them so much.

Comment

Congrats
                  Growing old is mandatory
                  Growing up is optional

Comment

Great job.

They have just let a load of contractors go where I am at. Xmas freeze and all that.... not a good time of year for contractors.

Comment

Working...
                    X