• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Is Santa IR35 exempt?

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is Santa IR35 exempt?

He has to conform to a dress code, works on the client premises (grotto) and is directed in the hours he has to work, e.g. only working during December and climbing down chimneys on Christmas Eve. However, the duration of the contract is short and he has no notice period.

But he doesn't charge for his services. I don't think that Hector is going to follow up the BIK for all those mince pies he's eaten...
    Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Lots of simultaneous customers world wide.
      Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick
        Lots of simultaneous customers world wide.
        But they don't pay for the goods?

Comment

To be fair the dress code is His Cos and not his clients (I don't tell him what to wear).

If I'm naughty he doesn't have to give me anything - MOO Also, I am not obliged to send him a list of pressies.

If I do ask him for a new bike (rough spec) he gets to choose the colour and accessories (bell, stand, spokey dokeys etc) D+C

Since I'm not actually awake when he comes (otherwise he doesn't) he could well send an elf as a substitue and I wouldn't object as long as I got my bike.

So I think he's clear.

HTH

Comment

Originally posted by Pondlife
            To be fair the dress code is His Cos and not his clients (I don't tell him what to wear).
            HTH
            Actually the reason he wears read is down to Coca Cola so it's not strictly his dress code...
            Illegitimus non carborundum est!

Comment

Originally posted by Flubster
              Actually the reason he wears read is down to Coca Cola so it's not strictly his dress code...
              RED.

Comment

Santa is a Disney character, so he dresses as his client tells him.

Comment

Originally posted by Denny
                  But they don't pay for the goods?
                  Sorry to disappoint you Denny but I think you'll find that Santa doesn't exist and the customers do pay for the goods.

If the non-existance of Santa surprises some of you then I am sorry but you had find out sometime.
                  Too close for missiles, I'm switching to guns.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick
                    Sorry to disappoint you Denny but I think you'll find that Santa doesn't exist and the customers do pay for the goods.

If the non-existance of Santa surprises some of you then I am sorry but you had find out sometime.
                    I thought Gordo was interested in fairy tales not reality and doesn't he treat us all like children?

Comment

Working...
                    X