• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

DUP supports EEA

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

DUP supports EEA

DUP may back Norway-style Brexit deal, says Arlene Foster | Politics | The Guardian

Does the Norway model outlaw homesexuality?

Comment

Couldn't make it up This leaves UK in CU, FoM, pays in to EU budget ... just proving that there was no single Brexit position during the ref, as the DuP supported Brexit, but clearly not the same version as other Brexiters. Does that mean the majority of people, who agreed with each other, was to Remain?
      I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

Originally posted by Whorty View Post
        Couldn't make it up This leaves UK in CU, FoM, pays in to EU budget ... just proving that there was no single Brexit position during the ref, as the DuP supported Brexit, but clearly not the same version as other Brexiters. Does that mean the majority of people, who agreed with each other, was to Remain?
        May was a (weak) Remainer. The DUP supported Brexit. Brexiters knew what they were voting for.

Therefore, the DUP's position of "Norway" is the one true Brexit, as this is what Brexiters voted for.

Comment

Originally posted by meridian View Post
          May was a (weak) Remainer. The DUP supported Brexit. Brexiters knew what they were voting for.

Therefore, the DUP's position of "Norway" is the one true Brexit, as this is what Brexiters voted for.
          Really? You will find Brexiters who will tell you they thought they were getting WTO/no deal, through Canada +, Norway, and a whole host of variations. Some of these will include being in a CU (like May's deal) whilst Brexiters will say they also want the UK to be able to negotiate its own trade deals and so we need to be outside any CU. Then there is FoM - Norway has this, most Brexiters now say they want no FoM as we want to control our own borders - by definition then, Brexiters who want no FoM can't have voted Norway. I could go on, but I think it's pretty clear that of the 17m who voted out, there are 17m flavours of Brexit and hence we will never get a consensus of Brexiters.

The only consensus majority we will get is if we stay - you'll get 17m remainers approving. Any Brexit deal will always have a majority of the UK against it, whether it be May's deal, Norway, Canada or other such deal.
          I am what I drink, and I'm a bitter man

Comment

The only consensus majority we will get is if we stay - you'll get 17m remainers approving. Any Brexit deal will always have a majority of the UK against it, whether it be May's deal, Norway, Canada or other such deal.
            Farage tackled this point Sunday morning. How many remainers want an EU army? There are many shades of remainer.

I thought the only good reason to stay was it would be difficult to leave. Looks like it might be Hotel California.....

Comment

Really? You will find Brexiters who will tell you they thought they were getting WTO/no deal, through Canada +, Norway, and a whole host of variations. Some of these will include being in a CU (like May's deal) whilst Brexiters will say they also want the UK to be able to negotiate its own trade deals and so we need to be outside any CU. Then there is FoM - Norway has this, most Brexiters now say they want no FoM as we want to control our own borders - by definition then, Brexiters who want no FoM can't have voted Norway. I could go on, but I think it's pretty clear that of the 17m who voted out, there are 17m flavours of Brexit and hence we will never get a consensus of Brexiters.

I was being sarcastic, but it clearly didn't translate well

Comment

Originally posted by GreenMirror View Post
                Farage tackled this point Sunday morning. How many remainers want an EU army? There are many shades of remainer.

I thought the only good reason to stay was it would be difficult to leave. Looks like it might be Hotel California.....
                Well let's unpick this a bit then. It's not difficult to leave at all - hand in the Article 50 notification, then just walk away two years later. Easy.

Why did you think it was difficult to leave? Did you mean something else?

Comment

What’s the problem with EU army?

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post
                    What’s the problem with EU army?
                    It's a clear remainer lie from pre-referendum....

Is there a secret plan to create an EU army? | Politics | The Guardian
                    If you’re voting for Brexit because you think British troops will be called up to an EU army, you’ve been horribly misled | The Independent
                    Originally posted by Old Greg
                    I admit I'm just a lazy, lying cretinous hypocrite and must be going deaf
                    ♕Keep calm & carry on♕

Comment

Working...
                    X