PDA

View Full Version : Good news! The weather is getting warmer

DimPrawn
26th November 2018, 19:19
Climate change: UK summers could be over 5C warmer by 2070 - BBC News (https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-46343103)

Climate change: UK summers could be over 5C warmer by 2070

And snowfall will be a thing of the past no doubt!

:rolleyes:

WTFH
26th November 2018, 20:07
Meanwhile a Trumpette sees it as all good news as it will make shipping cheaper when the North West Passage is open all year round.
Jacob Wohl on Twitter: "The melting of the Polar Ice Cap will open up The Northern Sea route to shipping, greatly reducing the cost to ship goods from place to place

Indeed, Global Warming is something to be excited about!… https://t.co/4Y4aK9UJ1t" (https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1066556796796424192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum

BR14
26th November 2018, 20:23
Meanwhile a Trumpette sees it as all good news as it will make shipping cheaper when the North West Passage is open all year round.
Jacob Wohl on Twitter: "The melting of the Polar Ice Cap will open up The Northern Sea route to shipping, greatly reducing the cost to ship goods from place to place

Indeed, Global Warming is something to be excited about!… https://t.co/4Y4aK9UJ1t" (https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1066556796796424192?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw)

Sent from my iPad using Contractor UK Forum

Sounds great, except no coastal cities will exist to ship goods from/to etc etc.

but hey, when will <fake> physics bother the trumpet ?? :smokin

TwoWolves
26th November 2018, 20:49
We're starting to enter a new minimum thanks to reduced solar activity, this is going to at least counter the effects of the greenhouse effect and buy humanity some time. Let's see if the politicians can put that life-line to good use? I'm not holding my breath though.

WTFH
27th November 2018, 08:38
I'm not holding my breath though.

Well, if you did, it would reduce the amount of CO2 you produced and the amount of O2 you used...

Hobosapien
27th November 2018, 08:42
Sounds great, except no coastal cities will exist to ship goods from/to etc etc.

Plenty of time to dredge the seabeds and build new islands with all that sand. Eureka! No more flooded coastlines and plenty of new islands to sell to the world's rich at immense profit. :smokin

China have been doing this for years in the South China Seas area. :tongue

Yorkie62
27th November 2018, 12:07

There will, just that they will be new coastal cites. A smart forward thinking investor might determine where the new coastline is likely to end up and buy the land now to sell at a profit when the new coastline is established. now what could possibly go wrong!:laugh

WTFH
27th November 2018, 12:44
There will, just that they will be new coastal cites. A smart forward thinking investor might determine where the new coastline is likely to end up and buy the land now to sell at a profit when the new coastline is established. now what could possibly go wrong!:laugh

Dover will no longer be a critical port :)

The Fens and Broads will be tidal again, the flood plains where all the houses were built cheaply will flood, it's all positive

Hobosapien
27th November 2018, 12:48
Dover will no longer be a critical port :)

The Fens and Broads will be tidal again, the flood plains where all the houses were built cheaply will flood, it's all positive

Ah, time to resurrect my idea of living on a boat in a field to avoid planning issues. No need to even bother digging a pond to float it in if I get some cheap floodplain land. :smokin Prices are bound to sink on this news. :tongue

GreenMirror
27th November 2018, 12:51
There are too many people on the planet. Until those alive wake up to the fact that fertility must be controlled, things will get worse. Then people will die horrible deaths - lack of water, food, or from pollution.

BR14
27th November 2018, 12:56
There are two many people on the planet. Until those alive wake up to the fact that fertility must be controlled, things will get worse. Then people will die horrible deaths - lack of water, food, or from pollution.

Only two?? :smokin

GreenMirror
27th November 2018, 13:04
Only two?? :smokin

:emb

WTFH
27th November 2018, 13:17
:emb

If you can put the two of them on one of your bikes and send them my way, I may be able to help with the problem.

GreenMirror
27th November 2018, 14:02
If you can put the two of them on one of your bikes and send them my way, I may be able to help with the problem.

May be able to help? You are losing your aim, I thought it was guaranteed.

WTFH
27th November 2018, 14:16
May be able to help? You are losing your aim, I thought it was guaranteed.

When I do it for myself, it's just a hobby. When I do it for others, it's work.

I may be able to help provided you can agree to my company's terms and conditions of contract, the right to substitution, that we can carry out the work in whatever way we feel is appropriate, and, of course, that you can afford our extremely reasonable rate.

GreenMirror
27th November 2018, 14:24
When I do it for myself, it's just a hobby. When I do it for others, it's work.

I may be able to help provided you can agree to my company's terms and conditions of contract, the right to substitution, that we can carry out the work in whatever way we feel is appropriate, and, of course, that you can afford our extremely reasonable rate.

Before engaging your company, I need to check your IR35 status.

Have you ever thought any of pscont's suggestions were a good idea?

Paddy
27th November 2018, 14:26
There are too many people on the planet. Until those alive wake up to the fact that fertility must be controlled, things will get worse. Then people will die horrible deaths - lack of water, food, or from pollution.

Should I stop donating sperm?

NorthWestPerm2Contr
27th November 2018, 14:29
It's freezing. Can we all start burning some tyres to help speed up the process.

WTFH
27th November 2018, 14:35
Before engaging your company, I need to check your IR35 status.

Trijicon ACOG 35 Dual IR. Will that do?

Have you ever thought any of pscont's suggestions were a good idea?

Yes, the one where he flounced. That was a good idea.

BR14
27th November 2018, 15:02
Trijicon ACOG 35 Dual IR. Will that do?

what're you going to do? - throw it at them? :smokin

BR14
27th November 2018, 15:03
I find a barnett black widow to be very efficacious, myself :smokin