• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor lifestyle

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor lifestyle

New 2019 Porsche 911: eighth-generation sports car revealed

Porsche has unveiled the eighth-generation 911, revealing a familiar shape and some evolutionary styling – but with a heavily revised range of six-cylinder turbo petrol engines that are more powerful than before.

The new 911 is available to order now in Carrera S and 4S forms equipped with a PDK gearbox, priced from £93,110 and £98,418 respectively. UK deliveries start next March.

The new Porsche is one of the biggest attractions at this week’s Los Angeles motor show. It adopts revised horizontally opposed six-cylinder petrol engines that feature a new fuel injection process for added combustion efficiency among a number of significant upgrades aimed at increasing its competitiveness against two-door rivals.

The turbocharged 3.0-litre units, which continue to be mounted in the rear, offer slightly more power than their predecessors. They can be mated to either a standard seven-speed manual or a new eight-speed dual-clutch automatic gearbox.

New 2019 Porsche 911: eighth-generation sports car revealed | Autocar

Cheap turbo for the masses :

Hold the Lambo

"Never argue with stupid people, they will drag you down to their level and beat you with experience". Mark Twain

Comment

Never been a huge fan of Porsche

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
        +1

Really not going to get BGG’s wheelchair in the boot of that
        Growing old is mandatory
        Growing up is optional

Comment

So, it's smaller, has lower bhp and is £25k more than a car that could take a wheelchair (amongst other things) and is an original design, not a rehash of a 1930s KdF Wagen
          …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

+1.

Could think of far better, not necessarily more powerful, cars than a Porsche. Style and finesse trumps power every time.

Comment

I did see a Panamera at close quarters recently, and I was surprised at how much I liked it!

Comment

+1

I've got one and I'm pretty nonplussed TBH. I can't really experience the speed and handling on standard UK roads but the styling is nice enough and I've enjoyed the car. I'm just not in love with the brand like some people.

When I tell people I wouldn't mind swapping to a 370z Nismo they look at me like I've got two heads. They ask me why I would get rid of the Porsche when they don't even know what model I've got.
                'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
                  +1

I've got one and I'm pretty nonplussed TBH. I can't really experience the speed and handling on standard UK roads but the styling is nice enough and I've enjoyed the car. I'm just not in love with the brand like some people.

When I tell people I wouldn't mind swapping to a 370z Nismo they look at me like I've got two heads. They ask me why I would get rid of the Porsche when they don't even know what model I've got.
                  I have a 350z (standard) and it's good fun. Go for it!

Comment

I have a 350z (standard) and it's good fun. Go for it!
                    I looked at one of those about 12 years ago, but my local dealer couldn’t get me a test drive in one at a weekend for 6 weeks. They only had showroom models that weren’t allowed to be driven, so had to borrow from another dealer.

In the end I bought an Alfa Brera.
                    …Maybe we ain’t that young anymore

Comment

Working...
                    X