• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Contractor vs permie - one more observation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Contractor vs permie - one more observation

Isn't it easier anyway when you start off as a contractor and you are offered a permie role to negotiate a higher salary more than you would be capable if you have no history in the company or if you started directly as a permie (it doesn't seem to matter how much value you add to the business when you are already permanent as someone above decided that it cannot be more than the inflation rate :-()?

Also you have time to get a good idea of the environment and the prospects and whether you fit in or not.
    I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Francko, shouldn't you be in the 3.00pm diversity meeting with HR?

Comment

Originally posted by DimPrawn
      Francko, shouldn't you be in the 3.00pm diversity meeting with HR?
      nahhh 3pm is going-home time during xmas period (oh well permies have got a few perks ).
      I've seen much of the rest of the world. It is brutal and cruel and dark, Rome is the light.

Comment

and at 4PM , report for appraisal to qualify for 0.2% bonus

Comment

Originally posted by andy
          and at 4PM , report for appraisal to qualify for 0.2% bonus
          and pay 40% tax on it ...... oh wait, and the NI

Comment

From my observations, I suspect Francko is rarely troubled by the 40% bracket...
            His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

"From my observations, I suspect Francko is rarely troubled by the 40% bracket... "

I heard he once failed an IQ test.
              What happens in General, stays in General.
              You know what they say about assumptions!

Comment

Originally posted by MarillionFan
                "From my observations, I suspect Francko is rarely troubled by the 40% bracket... "

I heard he once failed an IQ test.
                I write my own IQ tests.

Threaded

Comment

Working...
                X