• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

CRB Check

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

CRB Check

It would be beneficial to me to be CRB checked to make myself more marketable, but from research I have discovered CRB's are not transferrable.

I'd be interested in hearing your views as fellow contractors as to if & how you have approached crb's for yourself.

cheers Dave P

Originally posted by DaveP
    It would be beneficial to me to be CRB checked to make myself more marketable, but from research I have discovered CRB's are not transferrable.

I'd be interested in hearing your views as fellow contractors as to if & how you have approached crb's for yourself.

cheers Dave P
    The only CRB check you can do yourself is the Basic Disclosure. Both other ones (Standard & Enhanced) require sponsorship.

Some Inv Banks look for CRB checks...not sure if they want basic or not.

Basic: All unspent criminal convictions
    Standard: All convictions, whether spent or not
    Enhanced: Absolutely everything...including sex offenders register etc.

The only place to get a basic disclosure is through Disclosure Scotland. Thinks it costs £14.

Remember...it is an offence for a non-exempted company to ask you for anything other than a basic disclosure unless they are an exempted body..IE: Schools/Hospitals etc etc.

Comment

crb's

Thanks for the above,

I am currently contracted in a nhs hospital without being crb checked.

Should this have be done by the hospital or by the agency i went through for this contract ??

Dave P

Comment

Thanks for the above,

I am currently contracted in a nhs hospital without being crb checked.

Should this have be done by the hospital or by the agency i went through for this contract ??

Dave P
        Not necessarily. Only certain NHS jobs require checks...those that mean frequent patient contact etc.

Comment

Yes thats me, contact with all types of patients but my nhs manager doesnt wish to do crb check me, but I think he should.

Comment

Ask for a written copy of their security policy.

There are times when CRB checks are not appropriate. But, if you are in regular contact with 'vulnerable' people (e.g. the aged and confused) and definately if you're in contact with children (on a one to one, rather than overtly supervised basis) then I'm surprised the NHS themselves are not insisiting on one.

Comment

cheers Dave P

Is a CRB check better than SC/DV clearance, i.e does SC/DV mean you pass a CRB? Can you get SC/DV with a criminal record?

Comment

Originally posted by vista
                Is a CRB check better than SC/DV clearance, i.e does SC/DV mean you pass a CRB? Can you get SC/DV with a criminal record?

Not related. You can get SC/DV with a criminal record but you wouldn't necesserily pass a CRB check even if you did and visa versa. They are different tools for different purposes.
                "Being nice costs nothing and sometimes gets you extra bacon" - Pondlife.

Comment

Working...
                X