• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

People’s eyes are glazing over’: Brexit fatigue grips Basildon

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

People’s eyes are glazing over’: Brexit fatigue grips Basildon

Over a German lager at the outdoor Christmas market in central Basildon, Essex, Sean Brannigan tweaked the brim of his West Ham cap and took a moment to contemplate the “mess” he held Theresa May responsible for as five days of debate on Brexit kicked off at Westminster.

She needs to start speaking in language that people can relate to, whether they’re a leaver or a remainer, like me, because at the moment people’s eyes are just glazing over,” said the 45-year-old bricklayer, whose childhood memories of growing up in 1970s Belfast influenced his choice during the 2016 poll.

While Brannigan fully recognised he was in a minority in part of the country that recorded a 68.8% leave vote, his view that voters were generally fed up with Brexit’s media omnipresence was echoed by many going about their business around him.

‘People’s eyes are glazing over’: Brexit fatigue grips Basildon | Politics | The Guardian

Originally posted by AtW View Post
    Over a German lager at the outdoor Christmas market in central Basildon, Essex, Sean Brannigan tweaked the brim of his West Ham cap and took a moment to contemplate the “mess” he held Theresa May responsible for as five days of debate on Brexit kicked off at Westminster.

She needs to start speaking in language that people can relate to, whether they’re a leaver or a remainer, like me, because at the moment people’s eyes are just glazing over,” said the 45-year-old bricklayer, whose childhood memories of growing up in 1970s Belfast influenced his choice during the 2016 poll.

While Brannigan fully recognised he was in a minority in part of the country that recorded a 68.8% leave vote, his view that voters were generally fed up with Brexit’s media omnipresence was echoed by many going about their business around him.

‘People’s eyes are glazing over’: Brexit fatigue grips Basildon | Politics | The Guardian

Some Brexiters may have Brexit fatigue but their selfishness will destroy many people's livelihoods, jobs and even personal relationships not just for some EU citizens but also for many thousands of Brits.
    "A people that elect corrupt politicians, imposters, thieves and traitors are not victims, but accomplices," George Orwell

Comment

Originally posted by AtW View Post

Lol, Brexit fatigue. This is just the end of the beginning, we’ve got decades of this ahead of us regardless of Deal, No Deal, or Remain.

Settle in for the long haul and enjoy the ride....

Comment

Originally posted by Paddy View Post
        Some Brexiters may have Brexit fatigue but their selfishness will destroy many people's livelihoods, jobs and even personal relationships not just for some EU citizens but also for many thousands of Brits.
        ******DRAMA QUEEN ALERT******

FFS! If your personal relationship fails due to Brexit then it must have been a pretty tenuous arrangement in the first place.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by shaunbhoy View Post
          ******DRAMA QUEEN ALERT******

FFS! If your personal relationship fails due to Brexit then it must have been a pretty tenuous arrangement in the first place.

My Spanish friend in the UK has indeed realised that she probably should never have had kids with a bigot in the first place. But Brexit gave him the confidence to give voice to his bigotry.

Comment

Indeed as everyone's eyes glaze over the will of the people will be overturned and no-one apart from a few fanatics will actually care.

I think there will be a small movement coalescing behind Tommy leading a renewed "Brexit revolution".

I'm tempted to invest in a keyboard manufacturer because I think there will be a lot of replacements required. I think this protest movement will be largely "keyboard" focussed.

I'm alright Jack

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
              My Spanish friend in the UK has indeed realised that she probably should never have had kids with a bigot in the first place.
              Well anyone that has YOU as a friend clearly has judgment issues, so it is probably just the latest manifestation of her general stupidity.

“The period of the disintegration of the European Union has begun. And the first vessel to have departed is Britain”

Comment

Originally posted by Old Greg View Post
                My Spanish friend in the UK has indeed realised that she probably should never have had kids with a bigot in the first place. But Brexit gave him the confidence to give voice to his opinion.
                FTFY

Also you can have this again as you evidently missed it yesterday

Comment

Originally posted by original PM View Post
                  FTFY

Also you can have this again as you evidently missed it yesterday

They are bigoted opinions, you cretin. If this is a trigger for you, then take a look at your own cartoon or find a safe space.

Comment

I have Brexhaustion.

Comment

Working...
                    X