• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Prosecution of Loan Company adviser

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Prosecution of Loan Company adviser

This is just a thought not sure about the legal side.

Can you sue the adviser for not giving you advice for future consequences about this whole loan scam? I mean in the last couple of years if you signed up?

As a lot of the companies are no longer, I have their names of the ones i was involved with - a quick search on Linkedin shows there are active and employed in other areas!

Like I said...just a thought.

Originally posted by snk888 View Post
    This is just a thought not sure about the legal side.

Can you sue the adviser for not giving you advice for future consequences about this whole loan scam? I mean in the last couple of years if you signed up?

As a lot of the companies are no longer, I have their names of the ones i was involved with - a quick search on Linkedin shows there are active and employed in other areas!

Like I said...just a thought.
    Bearing in mind its all retrospective then you'd think not as it was kind of acceptable at the time. Going to be difficult to hold them accountable for something that happened later isn't it? I'm sure if it were possible everyone would have done it by now.
    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I'd suggest you have a quick chat with a solicitor about how much it might cost to bring about a court case like this. Then report back with your findings and whether you're going to pursue it or not. I think the only way this kind of thing can work is with a class action type lawsuit, as it will easily cost tens, if not hundreds of thousands of pounds. People think accountants are expensive...until they talk to solicitors.

Comment

Working...
      X