• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Claiming expenses

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Claiming expenses

Please help me settle a debate:

Imagine I am normally working at Goldman Sachs in the London office, through my limited company.

One day, I have to attend a meeting in Manchester.

Can I insist Goldman Sachs pay for my travelling expenses or am I meant to pay for it via my limited company (because that is one of the conditions for being outside IR35)?

Depends, are you bleeding radiators in Manchester?

Comment

Originally posted by BR14 View Post
      Depends, is it bleeding raining in Manchester?
      FTFY
      His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Originally posted by smileyface View Post

Imagine I am normally working at Goldman Sachs in the London office, through my limited company.

Can I insist Goldman Sachs pay for my travelling expenses or am I meant to pay for it via my limited company (because that is one of the conditions for being outside IR35)?
        What does your company's contract say?

Comment

Glad to help
          ok, got it

Like so?

Can I insist Goldman Sachs pay for my travelling expenses
          Of course you can - it's a business trip for yourco on their behalf

or am I meant to pay for it via my limited company
          Of course you can - you're in business, and this is what the client requires.

(because that is one of the conditions for being outside IR35)?
          Nope, Sir needs to read the guides on the right hand side. Say four Our NLUK's and three Hail Cojaks, then come back once you're clued up.

Comment

I would make Goldman Sachs pay for it and claim it through the LTD.

HTH

Crap debate when you are both right.
            Last edited by northernladuk; 5 December 2018, 20:27.
            'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Can't help you mate, I'm a permy with a Merrill Lynch corporate credit card and a PA to deal with paltry things like "expenses". Best of luck.
              Old Greg - In search of acceptance since Mar 2007. Hoping each leap will be his last.

Comment

Originally posted by PhiltheGreek View Post
                Glad to help

ok, got it

Like so?

Of course you can - it's a business trip for yourco on their behalf

Of course you can - you're in business, and this is what the client requires.

Nope, Sir needs to read the guides on the right hand side. Say four Our NLUK's and three Hail Cojaks, then come back once you're clued up.
                Oh this made me laugh; it's like Deirdre's Photo Casebook! I sadly couldn't give you any rep

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
                  Oh this made me laugh; it's like Deirdre's Photo Casebook! I sadly couldn't give you any rep
                  You mean "it's like Deirdre's Photo Casebook but with their clothes on". And he doesn't deserve any rep...

Mordy in "I was never getting a Knighthood anyway" Mode.
                  His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Working...
                  X