• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

MP’s demand smart motorway rollout to be stopped

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

MP’s demand smart motorway rollout to be stopped

MPs want halt to smart motorway rollout over safety concerns - BBC News

Finally. I completely agree with this. Smart motorways are a complete waste of tax payer money. What a dumb idea. Billions stuffed into pockets of private companies, its a scandal.
    Vote Corbyn ! Save this country !

I disagree.

Comment

I agree smart motorways are an expensive waste, as is HS2. Fix the none motorway network and stick an elevated Maglev railway down the centre of the M1 and M6 to improve transport options, and build Boris Island airport in the Thames estuary

Comment

smart motorways are great.
        Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

4 lanes but everyone still hogs the outside 2 lanes

Comment

I hate the things, bl**dy speed cameras everywhere.
            Last edited by Lockhouse; 16 December 2018, 18:21.
            ...my quagmire of greed....my cesspit of laziness and unfairness....all I am doing is sticking two fingers up at nurses, doctors and other hard working employed professionals...

Comment

The problem with the motorways is that the left lane is full of slow-moving lorries and the next is full of lorries wanting to overtake their mate at 0.125 mph faster over the next five miles.

Leaving only one lane for everyone else.

Freight should go by rail.

Comment

Originally posted by TwoWolves View Post
                The problem with the motorways is that the left lane is full of slow-moving lorries and the next is full of lorries wanting to overtake their mate at 0.125 mph faster over the next five miles.

Leaving only one lane for everyone else.

Freight should go by rail.
                As seen on a lorry bumper sticker heading sarrf on the M6

If you don't like lorries, don't buy stuff
                How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by Lockhouse View Post
                  I hate the things, bl**dy speed cameras everywhere.
                  Soon to come with average speed checks and road pricing cameras
                  How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by SeededLoaf View Post
                    4 lanes but everyone still hogs the outside 2 lanes
                    But as everyone is crawling along below 60 there is no reason not to drive in the first 2 as they are nice and clear and undertaking is fine in queuing traffic. The smart hard shoulder is great if your only jumping down one junction.
                    Make Mercia Great Again!

Comment

Working...
                    X