• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

5 digit phone numbers & form validation

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

5 digit phone numbers & form validation

Tried applying for a credit card this morning. Couldn't submit the application because I got a validation error on the required landline number field - mine has only 5 digits.

So I rang Virgin who promptly told me that they would also not be able to process my application because they'd be using the same web page and I have an "invalid" number.

FFS

No doubt because the dufus that coded the validation for that form probably copied the phone no. Reg ex from RegularExpressions.com. I get this all the time...

Edit: spoke to someone more intelligent & she said mobile no is OK but even so...
    Last edited by Big Blue Plymouth; 17 December 2018, 10:49.

Please be posting your phone number here and we will be doing the needful.

Comment

So your phone number is neither (01234) 123456 or (0123) 123 1234 format?

I remember my parents' number used to be 4 digits after the area code and then changed to 6 about 25 or so years ago. I didn't think any short numbers were left after the exchanges were updated

Comment

we'l be a copy of your passport wanting, and your bank details furthermore too.

kind thanks

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post
          Exactly. It's 01234 12345. And if I ever have to enter it in a required field I invariably get problems.

Comment

It's just Virgin don't want any customers from Chesterfield, Ripley or Derby.
            Down with racism. Long live miscegenation!

Comment

Originally posted by ladymuck View Post

I remember my parents' number used to be 4 digits after the area code and then changed to 6 about 25 or so years ago. I didn't think any short numbers were left after the exchanges were updated
              When I lived in deepest darkest Somerset our home phone number was (01460) 36028 even after the big phone number changes on PhONEday, it was a nightmare when ever we had to fill in an online form for the same reasons BBP is having
              Originally posted by Stevie Wonder Boy
              I can't see any way to do it can you please advise?

I want my account deleted and all of my information removed, I want to invoke my right to be forgotten.

Comment

Mention the word "landline" to a millennial and they look at you like you're some sort of weirdo.
                His heart is in the right place - shame we can't say the same about his brain...

Comment

Interestingly, number-of-digits doesn't appear in "Falsehoods Programmers Believe About Phone Numbers"

I would have expected it to be first on the list.

Comment

Originally posted by Big Blue Plymouth View Post
                    Exactly. It's 01234 12345. And if I ever have to enter it in a required field I invariably get problems.
                    You're a digit short of a phone number? Hmmm, six yard tap-in anyone?
                    The greatest trick the devil ever pulled was convincing the world that he didn't exist

Comment

Working...
                    X