• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

Recruitment Agency - Renewal Saga - Advice needed

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Recruitment Agency - Renewal Saga - Advice needed

My account manager left the business, with whom I have had a few painless renewals.

Two months ago a new account manager introduced themselves to me via email. I responded and said let's have a chat, come renewal time.
    3 weeks ago I had an email from another person saying the client want to renew.
    I told them I was looking for a rate raise; and different work arrangements which I will discuss with the client directly.

Client agreed new work arrangements. I went back to the agency with my rate request. They went quiet ever since.
    Apparently there is now yet another person handling my renewal... three so far.

Client's HR contacted them twice this week. As far as I know, agency never went back to the Client regarding rate change.
    I suspect they are just waiting for the Christmas period when nobody's in and try to force my hand to sign the contract at the current rate.

How would you handle this?

Probably should be moved to the contracts subforum.

Ultimately IMO it comes down to how much you need/want the gig and how much the rate is compared to market.

Comment

Have you tried picking up the phone?
      'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

I would start looking elsewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
          Client agreed new work arrangements. I went back to the agency with my rate request.
          Did you mention to the client about the increase? Are you expecting the client to pay the increase or to get the agency to cut their margin for you? Knowing the answer to that question helps people with suggestions on what to do from here.

I'd make sure that the client knows that there has been nothing from the agency and you're finding it hard to get things sorted, and that if they aren't careful then the contract is going to lapse and you won't work without one being signed. Then start looking for something else.

When does the contract expire?
          I'm not fat, I'm just fluffy.

Comment

Originally posted by northernladuk View Post
            Have you tried picking up the phone?
            Yes, I called them 3 times before today. They picked up the first time (last week) and I wasn't any further... and then all quiet...

I have actually managed to find out who is dealing with the renewal directly, and managed to talk to them today... they said that the renewal is top priority to deal with today...
            Last edited by zonkkk; 19 December 2018, 14:41.

Comment

Originally posted by DeludedKitten View Post
              Did you mention to the client about the increase? Are you expecting the client to pay the increase or to get the agency to cut their margin for you? Knowing the answer to that question helps people with suggestions on what to do from here.

I'd make sure that the client knows that there has been nothing from the agency and you're finding it hard to get things sorted, and that if they aren't careful then the contract is going to lapse and you won't work without one being signed. Then start looking for something else.

When does the contract expire?
              Thanks for the advice. Yes the manager does know I was looking for an increase.
              I mentioned it to him when I was discussing the work arrangements. I have not told him I would be looking for the agency to lower their cut.

Client is aware that the agency did nothing for 8 working days, since I went back to them.
              My only worry is that all the big bosses will be away for the hols soon... and I did make that clear to them.

Contract expires end of the year. I'll be off at the end of this week.

I'll make sure to pack everything on Friday if I hadn't signed anything yet.
              Last edited by zonkkk; 19 December 2018, 15:15.

Comment

All sorted. This can be closed now.

Comment

Originally posted by zonkkk View Post
                  All sorted. This can be closed now.
                  Phew

Comment

Don't you love people thinking their thread can be closed just because they are sorted

Come on mods. Jump to it. You've been told!!!
                    'CUK forum personality of 2011 - Winner - Yes really!!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X