• Visitors can check out the Forum FAQ by clicking this link. You have to register before you can post: click the REGISTER link above to proceed. To start viewing messages, select the forum that you want to visit from the selection below. View our Forum Privacy Policy.
  • Want to receive the latest contracting news and advice straight to your inbox? Sign up to the ContractorUK newsletter here. Every sign up will also be entered into a draw to WIN £100 Amazon vouchers!

No fog here

Collapse
X
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

No fog here

Commiserations with those whose lives are currently blighted by the opaque water-vapour stuff

No sympathy for those cL1nts who are driving about here with fCUKing foglights on - die die die die die die
    Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

If its foggy are you not meant to use fog lights?

Comment

Originally posted by Sockpuppet
      I refer you to the title of my post....
      Why the avatar? Well anyone accused of plotting against Gordon Brown can't be all bad.

Comment

If you are driving in a stream of traffic and cannot see the (normal) rear lights of the car in front of you then that would be a good time to use fog lights

Rain, light drizzle or in the case of females- the act of actually driving on a motorway is not a good enough reason to switch your fogs on.

HTH
        How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

If you stick your fog lights on all the time, it does reduce tailgating which must make the roads safer.

I think a sensor in the back bumper that flicks on a high intensity light whenever the car behind gets too close (based on your current speed) would be a good idea.

Comment

I have no idea which button is the fog light - I turned everything on last night while driving in fog it didn't make much difference - hope all the lights switched on didn't annoy other drivers

As for head light -jeeeez I switch it on and I keep forgetting its on till other drivers start hooting and shouting at me

Comment

Originally posted by SandyDown
              I have no idea which button is the fog light - I turned everything on last night while driving in fog it didn't make much difference - hope all the lights switched on didn't annoy other drivers

As for head light -jeeeez I switch it on and I keep forgetting its on till other drivers start hooting and shouting at me
              The prosecution rests m'lud
              How fortunate for governments that the people they administer don't think

Comment

Originally posted by zeitghost
                We've had no fog here... it's been brilliantly sunny all week.
                Where's that? Arcturus or Aldeberan?

Comment

3 days of driving on the motorways in the fog, and all you can see is a red haze in front of you. If there's cars a few car lengths behind, turn off your bloody floglights! You're not acheiving anything, just making it difficult for people behind to see anything, least of all anybody's brake lights.

Grrrr.
                  Will work inside IR35. Or for food.

Comment

If you are driving and feel you are in control, then you are not going fast enough
                    Airton Sennapod
                    Insanity: repeating the same actions, but expecting different results.
                    threadeds website, and here's my blog.

Comment

Working...
                    X